Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I have been searching schematics, forums, etc. Can anyone show me the component that controls the "low" fuel pressure that is fed to the fuel pressure dampener (canister thing just before high pressure fuel pump) on the LNF motor?

I'm swapping a GXP drivetrain into my Corolla and want to know how they handled this fuel delivery from the factory.

Also, can anyone confirm that this is held at a constant 60psi - regardless of boost pressure?

Thanks in advance,
-J

FPR

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Hey, I have been searching schematics, forums, etc. Can anyone show me the component that controls the "low" fuel pressure that is fed to the fuel pressure dampener (canister thing just before high pressure fuel pump) on the LNF motor?

I'm swapping a GXP drivetrain into my Corolla and want to know how they handled this fuel delivery from the factory.

Also, can anyone confirm that this is held at a constant 60psi - regardless of boost pressure?

Thanks in advance,
-J

FPR
The fuel regulator is built into the pump assembly in the tank. The fuel pressure would not be dependent on boost pressure but required fuel flow. Are you staying with stock turbo or putting something larger on the LNF?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The fuel regulator is built into the pump assembly in the tank. The fuel pressure would not be dependent on boost pressure but required fuel flow. Are you staying with stock turbo or putting something larger on the LNF?
Thanks Dave! I plan to run an external pump (Airtex E2000, it was used in nearly all large displacement Fords back in the 80's. cheap, available, hopefully more quiet than the Walbro). Do you have any insight as to whether keeping the regulator and return by the tank - and running just a single 5/16" feed to the engine - would be okay, or would you recommend running a dual line with the regulator up near the engine? Do you know if 60psi is the magic number?

As far as setup, I am going to run the Mitsu 16G, upgraded FMIC, full 3" exhaust, and as much boost as I can reliably run on pump gas (what is that with these engines anyway?). I plan to get a Trifecta tune (I have to get the "stand alone" option/mod to run without the Solsty BCM). Other than that, all stock. It's going to be my daily driver, so I want something reliable that will run on pump gas.

Thanks again for your input!
-J

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I've actually considered doing something too. I've been thinking about using an LNF in a Fiero! Good luck!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've actually considered doing something too. I've been thinking about using an LNF in a Fiero! Good luck!
that would be sweet! drop a whole FWD setup from a Cobalt/HHR

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
The Fiero swap has been done, but IIRC, only using an LE5 or LSJ.

A stock LNF would make it haul along nicely and you wouldn't need to do anythng much to the Fiero to take it. It might be easier if you mated the engine to the Fiero transaxle, but you'd have to get into the project to know.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lpfs

Can anyone confirm what the (low pressure) fuel pressure should be?

-J

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
50-60lb per service manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts