Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a question for everyone. I live in a sub with "gutters". Mine are rather small compared to most in here and I'm having a problem. I have managed to bend it a little more..... Do I have to replace the bumper if I want to fix it? Nothing is broke plastic wise. It has been like this ever since I bought it....

Here's a pic.....

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
The lower black honeycomb grill has been pushed back & out. Unless that's broken (can't tell from the photo) all you need to do is take all that lower bit apart and re-install in in the correct place. Should be fine.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TS....I appreciate it. I will do it when I do my front brakes...

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd bet the 2 little metal arms that go down to support this may have been bent up some too, so setting those back straight will help.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
You will still hear a awful noise when you go over the bumps, caused by the baffle. Mine did that every time at one store we used to go to. It never harmed the baffle but was annoying.
We moved and no longer have the problem.
(No, we didn't move because of that problem, ;) but it did get solved.)

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can access the entire area behind the lower grill if you remove the upper grills. You can also inspect for collateral damage easier:( The upper grills should pull right out if you're carefull and work on one edge at a time:thumbs:
Good luck!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Try taking driveways at an extreme angle, it's a trick I learned when I lowered my Cobalt.

The cobalt had much more car in front of the wheels, so it took some patience when entering certain driveways, and negotiating speed bumps.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
The 'balt looks sharp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts