Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see how long some of us have been waiting. I know there seemed to be a few yet to be delivered around my VIN (2737). Mine was built on October 7th. So what are the lowest VINS that have yet to be delivered and yet to be "in transit".

·
Registered
819 Posts
Mine is 1292, built 9/13. Dealder says it should be here next week. Hope it comes in by Wednesday so I can have it in the garage for the four day weekend. Even my wife is getting excited now!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
Mine is 1292, built 9/13. Dealder says it should be here next week. Hope it comes in by Wednesday so I can have it in the garage for the four day weekend. Even my wife is getting excited now!
That really stinks, crawdadsolstice! SO LONG to wait!

But since she is heading north from Lordstown, the time is near! Get ready to party!

·
Registered
76 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
Crawdad - I'm still hanging with you 1294, built 9/13, still in transit since 11/2 no one knows where it is. I keep calling the local train yard where the transport will pick it up. They claim they don't know what's coming. That the paperwork comes in with the cars.

So........here we sit. :willy:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
FloridaSol said:
Crawdad - I'm still hanging with you 1294, built 9/13, still in transit since 11/2 no one knows where it is. I keep calling the local train yard where the transport will pick it up. They claim they don't know what's coming. That the paperwork comes in with the cars.

So........here we sit. :willy:
Wow! I hope there's a party in Lakeland REAL soon!

The dealership on Lakeland Hills Blvd is supposed to have an Envious #3244 already or in transit. Have you seen it? MSRP of $23945.

·
Registered
76 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Wow! I hope there's a party in Lakeland REAL soon!

The dealership on Lakeland Hills Blvd is supposed to have an Envious #3244 already or in transit. Have you seen it? MSRP of $23945.

The first car that dealer got they took the highest bid! The rest are dealer ordered then sold based on a wait list. Take it or leave it. And for the priveldge, the buyer only needs to pay $1000 over MSRP.

What really sucks is this dealer is going to get the largest allotment of Sols in the state of Florida (I think it's somewhere around 60 for 2006 Model Year)

and yes they are on the national do not buy list

·
5,641 Posts
There are cars under 6Y101100 that haven't been shipped yet from what I understand by talking to other dealers.

·
Registered
846 Posts
#1306, built on 9/14 is still at 4150. I spoke to the sales manager yesterday, he has two other Sols at 4150 now besides mine. All our spoken for.

·
Registered
369 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:

I hope your dealer is right. It is supposed to be some what of a nice holiday weather wise. We are still waiting for ours to be picked up. Maybe someday. Let us know if it gets to you next week. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Small Dealer said:
There are cars under 6Y101100 that haven't been shipped yet from what I understand by talking to other dealers.

Hey SD,

Why is that? So your vehicle has a quality hold and it needs new gaskets.
Why do they not take the vehicles who were made first and fix them and get them out?

I am not talking about new ones coming off the line just the ones on hold for repairs. Should there not be a system to repair the oldest and ship it? There are VIN's delivered ( who were on quality hold too) alot higher than ones still on hold. Until a few years ago I worked for several tier 1 suppliers for all the automotive makers to include GM and know the industry well. If we had quality problems we went by oldest lot number and so on to repair these parts. It just seems like there is no good system there now. Maybe there doing a random sampling repair exercise? :)

·
5,641 Posts
WantMySoltice said:
Hey SD,

Why is that?
It's a mystery!

Best I can determine from talking to the other dealers, is that none of the remaining cars that low belong to people who post here. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Small Dealer said:
It's a mystery!

Best I can determine from talking to the other dealers, is that none of the remaining cars that low belong to people who post here. :)

I have always said--GM works in mysterious ways. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts