Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
LT1 has an E92 controller. Won't match any Solstice controller.

You can ready the installation guides for the LT1 crate motors here:
Chevrolet Performance Installation Guides

The controller kits are listed under LT Components. The LT1 instructions aren't opening for me tonight. I'll check tomorrow if it's working. If not, I'll bug some people about it.... For now, the LT4 uses the same E92 controller. It's 90% or more the same, you could read it for a general idea of what it involves:
LT4 controller kit instruction sheet

Edit.
Some instruction sheets still not loading today. The team responsible for uploading maintaining them has been notified.
So probably best to purchase an LS instead?

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's up to you, but doing an LT1 swap you'd be forging your own path. LS(X) swaps have been done and documented. I haven't done an LS Solstice, but I believe they use some GM parts, and the E67 controller can talk to the Solstice BCM and dash. I've worked on a bunch of LT swapped stuff (LT1/4/5/G). We make it run without talking to the BCM or dash. That's what most people want as they are commonly swapping them into older vehicles without a BCM, or electronic dashes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's up to you, but doing an LT1 swap you'd be forging your own path. LS(X) swaps have been done and documented. I haven't done an LS Solstice, but I believe they use some GM parts, and the E67 controller can talk to the Solstice BCM and dash. I've worked on a bunch of LT swapped stuff (LT1/4/5/G). We make it run without talking to the BCM or dash. That's what most people want as they are commonly swapping them into older vehicles without a BCM, or electronic dashes.
Thanks so much for your help, I think I'm going to sell the LT1 and purchase an LS. It's a shame because I was so excited to install the LT1 it has only 300 miles, practically new.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts