Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious is anyone has ever gone through Maricopa county emissions with an LS3 converted Kappa. I see that the Werks harness says it retains all of the emission readiness monitors which I believe is all that's really required to pass here. Just wanted to see if anyone's actually done the experiment.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I've passed a couple of LS2 cars in Phoenix and currently have a supercharged LS3 Coupe - I have not run the Coupe through recently as it is insured via Hagerty and does not require emissions test for registering. I might run it for kicks as I assume it will pass - all emissions equipment is in place, the readiness monitors are good and no CEL's, so should not be a problem.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
Yes, Rob. I think that CO is more stringent than AZ, but it always passed here before it went to CO, even with the old LS-Edit software and tune. Running HP Tuners now and just had an updated dyno tune last week where all worked flawlessly. I have not driven it since this tune as a small crack opened up on the paint at one of the attachment points of the new hood scoop and I'm having that repaired (always something...).

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
What is required to run HPTuners?
Apparently something equivalent to a Ph.D. Over 400 parameters to learn about. I have not mastered it and I am an engineer.

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
If you have a V8 swap, it requires removing your ecm and sending to Dave at Werks to convert.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts