Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have always really wanted to get into auto x, even in my spec v days. I've just never had the time or money to blow on the hobby. Both of those things are now less of a deal breaker, and because of that I am assembling parts for my LS3 swap this winter and was wondering; when I get done with this thing how will it do at an event?

I know the swap adds something like 150 lbs to the front end, and of course it will have much more power than it does now which makes me think acceleration out of tight corners might be tricky. Does anyone have any experiences to share?:chill:

Thanks

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
and of course it will have much more power than it does now which makes me think acceleration out of tight corners might be tricky.
Indeed, you'll need some 315 wide hoosiers on 11" rims to "fix" that issue. If you dont plan on using hoosiers that wide then forget it, you'll be spinning all the time and it wont be any fun.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed, you'll need some 315 wide hoosiers on 11" rims to "fix" that issue. If you dont plan on using hoosiers that wide then forget it, you'll be spinning all the time and it wont be any fun.

Wow.. That's a hell of a tire. One thing that I haven't researched a ton yet is gearing, is there a differential gear ratio that is agreed upon as appropriate? I need to read up on that whole subject extensively.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you going to be using the stock trans or going with the t56? The cts has some lower geared rear ends, think 3.23:1 is their lowest gearing.
I will be using the t56.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I will be using the t56.
Going with the T56 with an LS-3 is probably a good idea, as the std 5 speed is only rated for 353 Nm of torque.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Depends on the size of the course, the local Porsche club holds events on a runway so its a very tight course, I feel my Vette and Trans Am have too much power there but my 2.4 NA is perfect. On a bigger course like the ones they have at Cal Speedway I think the V8 has more room to run and is not over powering the track. You will need to get some sticky tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts