Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Which LSD Lube?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LSD is definitely grabby when turning forward and noisy if turning in reverse. Lube change a must this week. GM, Amsol or Royal Purple?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
All three are good, just make sure to add the friction modifier if it is not included in the lube of your choice.

:thumbs

·
Registered
206 Posts
I recommend Royal Purple. It also comes with the Friction Modifier already added. When I had this issue early this past summer, I reviewed a bunch of posts here and most (if not all) had very good success with the RP product.
I tried it on my Solstice and all the noises went away on my rear diff.

Very happy with the Royal Purple product.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I recommend Royal Purple. It also comes with the Friction Modifier already added. When I had this issue early this past summer, I reviewed a bunch of posts here and most (if not all) had very good success with the RP product.
I tried it on my Solstice and all the noises went away on my rear diff.

Very happy with the Royal Purple product.
:agree: I use it in my tranny & differential have used their products for years and am very pleased with them

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Ive always used Valvoline synthetic. Can get it pretty much anywhere around here. The specialty brands, not so much. Never had any issues/noise with the rear diff.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I guess we all have our preferences, in my case I went with the new GM revised oil and additive.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I used the Amsoil diff fluid and friction modifier, over 20k miles back. No issues of any kind, so far, but then, I never had any before the change. I just changed oil in transmission and diff, so it was all synthetic (if it wasn't before).

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I guess we all have our preferences, in my case I went with the new GM revised oil and additive.
Probably a good way to go, although I've wondered about Redline oils.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Mobil1 and add a little friction modifier although it has it already.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the Final Solution to all your problems here:

Swap my open diff with your LSD and boom, no more annoying grabby LSD and no more dealing with friction modifiers :D
Why didn't I think of that?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hello,

I used Red Line in my car's manual transmission and differential. I think it helped shifting in cold weather when the transmission is cold. Other than that it didn't either cure or cause any problems.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts