Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has lubed these metal u-shaped tracks on the back corners of the convertible top (at the trailing edge of the side windows). The corners ride up when you fold the top and then slide back down when the top is up. Mine are moving OK but seem like they would do good to be slicked up a bit. I was thinking silicone spray unless someone has another lube to recommend.

I've also lubed the pinch point at the big hinge on the top with dielectric grease, as suggested by Rob the Elder. Are there other points that should get regular lube on our tops?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Silicone sprayed them a few days ago and they are slick as snot now! Corners glide real easy. Next time you pop the trunk, slide those corners up and down by hand, you'll prolly want to lube yours too.

·
Premium Member
17,528 Posts
Lube the rubber wear strip on the bottom of the canvas top over the hinge at the top of the windows. Check to make sure you plastic wear clip is in place on both sides.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already credited you with that one (look at my comment after the photo). The plates are in place and whole. I smeared them with a film of dielectric as well as the rubber strip that glides over them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts