Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
The same ones you can choose from now, nothing has changed at this date. Chrome wheels not until September, no OnStar, no automatic transmission, no steel/sand interior with red or green--just like it will be if you call your dealer tomorrow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Maybe even floor mats!

As Salamander said, the available options have been consistent. Having said that, however, there seems to be one option that became available in AutoBook somewhat after 2005-04-15--Floor mats!

I tried and couldn't order them via AutoBook. I'll be contacting my dealer shortly to see if I can add them. If not, I'll order them via the parts catalog... probably 2 sets--they do get worn! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
I was able to order floor mats. Also, onstar and chrome wheels were not available at the time of order. Those ordering soon can get the items not available to us and they can use GM card credits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
. . .there seems to be one option that became available in AutoBook somewhat after 2005-04-15--Floor mats!

I tried and couldn't order them via AutoBook. I'll be contacting my dealer shortly to see if I can add them. If not, I'll order them via the parts catalog... probably 2 sets--they do get worn! ;)
This is odd. I ordered floor mats on 4/15 with no problem. I assume the VOMS is centralized, if so why so many stories of different dealers telling customers different things? Strange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Floor mats always available

I pretty much spec'ed out my car as soon as the options list became available in Autobook (even before prices were released), and floor mats were always available as an option.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Salamander said:
This is odd. I ordered floor mats on 4/15 with no problem. I assume the VOMS is centralized, if so why so many stories of different dealers telling customers different things? Strange.
Autobook is different than the actual order process. Different computers at my dealer. Autobook is not really any different than spec'ng out a car on the mfg consumer website. It just give the customer the same info that the dealer uses to then enter the order elsewhere. (At least how I've seen it in action)
BTW I ordered mats within autobook and no info that the VOM was any different.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
achieftain said:
Autobook is different than the actual order process. Different computers at my dealer. Autobook is not really any different than spec'ng out a car on the mfg consumer website. It just give the customer the same info that the dealer uses to then enter the order elsewhere. (At least how I've seen it in action)
Nothing important, but a couple clarifications.

Any pc networked with the GM server can use Autobook, as well as Vehicle Order Managerment. Your dealer just apears to have elected to keep the ordering function away form the salespeople's desks.

Also a dealer can create an order in Autobook, bypassing the need to create it in Vehicle Order Managment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey does that mean that you don't get power windows door locks ect... I think I'm glad I didn't order one of the first.... I think Iam set on the sky anyway. It has much more options :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
568 Posts
all the options offered now were offered then... no changes... ( i'd ordered the mats in March thru autobook)
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Check out the available options on www.kbb.com or www.edmunds.com to see what is available. Power windows locks are available for first 1000 cars, as are just about everything else, sans OnStar, Chrome wheels....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Or here> http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm which if you read the fine print we are not supposed to see, but select year, model and print book and you will have the most current info SmallDealer gets. Plus you can check for updates and win prizes if you are first to post back here with new info.


Edited: if you can't wait here is the latest in pdf. Interesting is note on removal of footnote about 42 gal fuel capacity and footnote is still there. And this is not as up to date on wheels pics as pontiac.com.
 

Attachments

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
achieftain said:
Or here> http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm which if you read the fine print we are not supposed to see, but select year, model and print book and you will have the most current info SmallDealer gets.
More then me, I never use the online order guide section of dealerworld. :)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top