Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car carrier arrived at 4PM ( i was there waiting for him )

with 4 sols on it...

He drove directly from Willimington, No rails.... to NY

One for Orange county, one for Newburgh, NY one for Albany and one for Syrucuse!!!
Sorry he didnt have VINS....

All is well, very dirty..

3M clearcoat film being applied on Monday, along with a professional interior/exterior detailing.....
in Lodi, NJ

:) :) :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
The wait is over,been there been through it,congratulations :party: now the fun begins,you've paid your dues :willy: :willy: :cheers: .....ENJOY!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it came in with 66 miles on it (wow)
and a
gazillion triangular stickers on the window!!

Really like 15 stickers....

I do have some wind leakage noise ( with top up ) around the drivers left ear.

I sure hope it doesn't leak!! The wind noise ( leakage) is kinda annoying with the top up..
But after waiting so long, I would have taken it if it was painted black with a white 8 on the hood!!!

FJ

·
Registered
61 Posts
YEA!!!!! :party: Congratulations!!! :) Good for you!!!

Lol about the white 8 :lol:

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
Speaking of black with a white 8 on the hood:

My friend was looking for a new car, I saw an ad for a Chevy Cavalier, MSRP about $14,500, offered brand new at $7,499, including automatic and A/C.

What a shock when we saw it! It was white, had billiard ball stickers all over it, including the EIGHT BALL on the hood. The lower portion of each side had a green sticker strip representing the felt billiard table.

They do that so that no one will buy their special "ad" car. Well, my friend did. He spent hours getting the stickers off, they left marks, but for an almost 50% off sticker, what the heck.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Congrats! :party: I think that 66 miles might be the current high. They must have needed to fix some issues, which is better to be caught at the plant. IMHO :thumbs:

·
Registered
149 Posts
first 1k said:
The car carrier arrived at 4PM ( i was there waiting for him )

with 4 sols on it...

He drove directly from Willimington, No rails.... to NY

One for Orange county, one for Newburgh, NY one for Albany and one for Syrucuse!!!
Sorry he didnt have VINS....

All is well, very dirty..

3M clearcoat film being applied on Monday, along with a professional interior/exterior detailing.....
in Lodi, NJ

:) :) :)
ANY IDEA WHAT COLOR WAS HEADED FOR ALBANY!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well no...

but he had 2 Black and 1 Green SOl, left after mine...

Good luck..

300 Miles so far... No problems...

Getting the ClearBra instralled Monday, and professional detailed!!

Wooo hooo.....

FJ

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride. :party:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Pin striped?

A friend of mine went to the last game of the season for the Mets one year and won their bullpen car - it was a full size real car but with all the Mets logos and stripping on it! He left it that way and was the hit of all our car shows. :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
542 Posts
First 1K,

Is it a 3M clear bra? I tried getting mine last week but I was told 3M did not have it available yet...and I checked 3Ms website and it did not reflect availability either...do you know the company that is making the clear bra for your car?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Humm, nothing for LI huh? well my dealer is clueless and Cricket has helped but i'm Sly so wouldn't be one of the ones left.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
First 1K,

Is it a 3M clear bra? I tried getting mine last week but I was told 3M did not have it available yet...and I checked 3Ms website and it did not reflect availability either...do you know the company that is making the clear bra for your car?
Check out f1k's post in another thread, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97738&postcount=10.

It looks like the detailer did a custom install using 48 inch wide sheets of the 3M clear plastic.

f1k also posted some pics,
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27617554411.jpg&s=x1
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27707185352.jpg&s=x7
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27707203398.jpg&s=x7

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Talk to me in 6 years, when your car is pitted and pullmelled with rock chips, and I can peel off the 3M and have a brand new paint finish....

PS: THere is nothing uglyier than the standard black fabric bra on this car.

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
first 1k said:
Talk to me in 6 years, when your car is pitted and pullmelled with rock chips, and I can peel off the 3M and have a brand new paint finish....

PS: THere is nothing uglyier than the standard black fabric bra on this car.
I hope it works out for you. :) :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts