Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this interview get posted and I missed it?
http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8506
What cought my eye was this paragraph way down near the bottom,
Look at what is in the pipeline at GM. We have the Solstice, which is very easily causing the biggest stir with automotive enthusiasts on the internet. The entire Kappa Architecture is going to be significant in the market place. We have a Camaro that is "rumored" to be making a come back. We have the GTO that is here, and regardless of sales is a fantastic driving machine with more upgrades for 2005.
Did he say Camaro?!?!?

·
Registered
667 Posts
You know with the new Mustang out now that the movers and shakers at GM will bring back the Camaro to do battle with it. Should be an interesting next couple of years for those of us into cars! :thumbs

·
Registered
13 Posts
Camaro for the Tall

Guys,

I LOVED the original Camaro. The Firebird/Camaro that "ended" recently, however, if you were over 6' tall, you basically had to "recline" your seat to be able to see out of the front windshield. I HATED them. Not to mention that rear-wheel drive, no traction control, and a NASTY reputation for being about as stable on anything but dry pavement, as a Liberal Democrat's perception of reality!

That's my one concern, frankly, with the Solstice...they need to put some intelligent traction control in the thing. Light rear-end + rear wheel drive = trouble in Cleveland, Ohio...for sure! We like roadsters here too, but traction control is key.

Regards,

Big Daddy

·
Registered
81 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Did he say Camaro?!?!?
The problem with the old Camaro/Firebird was that it used a unique platform (F-body) that drove up costs. GM never said that the Camaro would never come back. They could use a stretched Kappa platform, or possible the rumored RWD Epsilon to make a new Camaro. By sharing the platform with another line, they would be able to do the relatively low volumes at a profit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts