Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the LV brace for my GXP. I know it can be installed from the top, but can it be installed more easily from the bottom with the car on ramps? Also would I have to disconnect the neg wire on the battery or disconnect the fan switch if the car has been off all night and totally cold. No chance of the fan coming on. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
174 Posts
I put mine in from the top in 20 min and did not disconnect anything.....now I also have a NA so I am not sure how much the turbo is in the way.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
No you do not have to disconnect anything.
If you have ramps is a bit easier with the bolt on the driver side.
Either way it should not take any more than 30 to 45 minutes.
I know of some people that have done it in about 15.
The turbo is no where near where this piece gets mounted.
On a NA car if you still have the OEM resonator it must be taken off or the DDM Venom Brace or LVKFCB will not fit.
The above issue does not happen with the GXP cars.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
The LatinVenom Brace has got to be the easiest needed mod for our car to install. Took me less then 15 minutes with the car sitting on the ground.... Good Luck! :thumbs:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for answering so quickly. I'll probably go from the top. Looks fairly easy.

·
Registered
715 Posts
No need to go from the bottom. Open the hood, slide the Brace through and bolt her down. Mine is a turbo. No issues at all installing. I threaded all the bolts on before making all tight. Very Easy!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I just received my front LV brace from DDM a week or so ago. It took no time at all to install on my GXP. I did disconnect the fan switch because I thought the connector would be in the way until the brace was in position. I had a small problem with the side bolt on the passenger side. I had to file the hole on the bottom of the brace to get the bolt to line up with the hole in the frame. Other than that, no problems, took about 20 min.

Don

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
That should not happened with the bolts not lining up.
Did you first put the bolts in the bottom holes before you did the upper ones?.
I also assume you did not tighten any of the bolts until you had all four start it.
If you have done all of the above and it did not lined up, PLEASE call DAVE and informed him of this issue.
This problem WILL NOT BE PRESENT if the brace was build to specs by the DDM manufacturer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
lv front brace

I tried every combination of starting the bolts. Even without any of the other bolts started I still could not get the bottom side bolt on the passenger side to line up with the threaded hole. I then took the brace out and could see the bolt had warn away the paint on the bottom of the hole. So I filed the hole in the brace in the area where the bolt had warn away the paint, and presto the bolt slipped in like it should. I did not have to file away very much of the metal. I haven't contacted Dave yet but will do so as soon as I finish this post.

Don from Nanaimo

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone run into problem with the "air box" on the drivers side not clearing the LV Brace?

I've had to pull my air box loose and need to extend the captive rubber mounts probably 1-1/4" inches on both ends to re-fasten the air box.

I will try and post some pictures in a day or so to explain what I encountered.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thank you LV.
Eazy install 30MIN.
A must mod.
LLLFLY

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
The LV Brace was never design to fit a NA with the air box.
If you want to make it work you must take it off, and cap the hole left after you remove it.
By the way the front of the Air box on the NA cars is nothing more than a noise cancelling baffle.
Taking this piece off does not degrade the performance of the car, all that happen is you will hear a little bit more intake noise.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
The LV Brace was never design to fit a NA with the air box.
If you want to make it work you must take it off, and cap the hole left after you remove it.
By the way the front of the Air box on the NA cars is nothing more than a noise cancelling baffle.
Taking this piece off does not degrade the performance of the car, all that happen is you will hear a little bit more intake noise.
I understood you were the original designer and you then handed off to DDM, but ya... DDM definitely doesn't call out that it doesn't just drop in on the NA... In fact, they list it in their 2.4 section, and say it fits 2006+ cars... They should probably add a caveat to the description if there's a fit issue with the NA airbox.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,471 Posts
I understood you were the original designer and you then handed off to DDM, but ya... DDM definitely doesn't call out that it doesn't just drop in on the NA... In fact, they list it in their 2.4 section, and say it fits 2006+ cars... They should probably add a caveat to the description if there's a fit issue with the NA airbox.
When I first measured up my '06 NA for LV, I had an AEM CAI, and the Venom Brace would have fit with no problems. The second rime I measured it up, I had the original intake back in the car, and discovered that it wouldn't fit with the standard resonator box in place.

If I remember correctly, the standard resonator box wraps a bit around the frame rail, or obstructs the path of the brace in some way. Any way, as lond as the resonator is installed the Venom Brace won't install correctly.

With the resonator box removed, no problem with the Venom Brace.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
As DaveOC writes the resonator on the NA is the issue.
Not sure why DDM does not mentioned it on their WEB site.
It was known on the Forum where it was advertise (Not here) when I was selling them.

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Anyone run into problem with the "air box" on the drivers side not clearing the LV Brace?

I've had to pull my air box loose and need to extend the captive rubber mounts probably 1-1/4" inches on both ends to re-fasten the air box.

I will try and post some pictures in a day or so to explain what I encountered.
We were sending out the extensions for the NA stock intakes with the braces, not sure why that disappeared from the option list. I will have Ivy make sure to get that back. Basically the little post that holds the plastic engine shroud works great to hold the front of the resonator box in the NA cars.

Hope that helps,
Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts