Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting excited over this:

http://www.pontiac.com/apprentice/index.jsp?cmp=appeofuel

...I rushed to my dealer yesterday (the 23rd) and plunked down the $500 to reserve my Solstice. I didn't realize at the time that I wouldn't be one of the first 1K, but no biggie--I just want the car, not the fancy dash emblem.

But my question is this: what was the deadline of the 24th (today) for? What would have been different had I wanted until the 25th to place my order?

--41U

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
EOP versus regular dealer allocation

41U said:
But my question is this: what was the deadline of the 24th (today) for? What would have been different had I wanted until the 25th to place my order?
First, Welcome to the SolsticeForum :cheers:

The Early Order Program was a special marketing blitz that allowed a first come first served (well close to that anyway) chance to get one of the 1st 1000. It is possible to get onto the wait list until the end of the program, but with more than 4000 people on the waiting list for 1000 cars, it's not a high probability of getting one of the 1st 1000.

The Early Order Program registration period ends today, Sunday 2005-04-24. Basically, after the 1st 1000 were snapped up 41 or so minutes into the program at about 2005-04-15T14:42:00-04, everyone after that wound up on the wait list. So, the window of opportunity was very short.

What you have now is an order for one of the first regular production orders to be optioned and built from one of your dealers regular allocation units. The first 4 months of those allocations have been published, so your dealer should know how many vehicles he received in allocation for the period covering roughly June through October. You should be able to ask your dealer whether or not you are in his first 4 month allocation or on a waiting list at the dealer for his next allocation.

Best of luck and congratulations! :cool:

By the way, if you're curious where the name Solstice derives from, I've posted up a thread that describes in some detail the astronomical version: FAQ: What is the astronomical meaning of Solstice?:leaving:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts