Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after driving and owning classic cars and trucks over the last 30 years I decided I wanted to drive something newer and faster. I have been following this forum for the past several months and decided I wanted the GXP. I
recently sold my 1972 chevy truck which was restored and in perfect condition and the wife gave me permission to go get a GXP. I couldn't find one here in the northeast in the color that I wanted without spending a lot of cash. I finally found one in PA. Its a 2007 with 30k miles in absolutely perfect condition. Price was just over $12K including shipping to Connecticut. I had planed on doing modifications to it but to my surprise this car has a ton of modifications already done: including the DDMWORKS cross beam, backbone, oil catch can and stainless coil cover. I am convinced the dealership did not know what they had and priced it to move quickly. I purchased it the first day I saw it posted. I have got to say this car has got lots of gusto and handles like it is glued to the pavement. Smiles all the way around!!!

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Congrats gxp_nut, looks like you stumbled into a really nice car at a pretty nice price too. I bet you are going to love the car and the forum both.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sounds to me like you found a great car at a good price. Hope you enjoy it for many years.

Smiles

·
Registered
43 Posts
Beautiful car. Price was a steal, so "drive it like you stole it" Your fun is just beginning. Enjoy! Check your boost. If it only goes to ~15#,you can add a tune for $200 that'll make it even faster.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Beautiful ride. Enjoy that!

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
awesome. welcome aboard. I had a 73 vet for a couple years and it was my daily driver. then I needed to do some work to the brakes and AC and decided to buy a Solstice as my daily driver so I could work on the Vette. After driving the Solstice I was hooked and the vette just collected dust. then I sold it and bought a GXP and I couldn't be happer.

pay attention to what Jim1965 said about the boost. If you are not seeing 22-23 psi, you are missing out on a ton of unleashed power which can be had for $200.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
I have got to say this car has got lots of gusto and handles like it is glued to the pavement. Smiles all the way around!!!
I need to spend more time in the forums, even with traction control; I slide on some corners when its dry. ;)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I need to spend more time in the forums, even with traction control; I slide on some corners when its dry. ;)
Change your tires from the factory ones. You'll be amazed at the difference it makes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
If your conscience starts to bother you because you freakin' STOLE THAT CAR, I'd be happy to take it off your hands at the price you paid!

;)

Seriously, I love that color -- and that price for that mileage?!?!? And with all those mods that didn't come cheap?!?!?!

WOW!

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Skicougar, In February I took mine in the twisties ( very fast) and I had the stock tires and it handled awesome. no sliding and TC never adjusted.

Today, now that I've been tuned since April and my tires are nice and bald, it slides all over the place. I ended up turning off the ESC the minute I get in and I'm having a blast drifting around every turn.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, and it sounds like you gat a Great deal. My GXP is a 98, also mean yellow, and I love it. After many years of driving and racing older cars. This is the way to go. Have fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Beautiful car. Price was a steal, so "drive it like you stole it" Your fun is just beginning. Enjoy!
Thanks everyone for the welcome messages. I am sure to be driving it like I stole it :thumbs:For now I just enjoy shifting and driving it on the winding roads. Unfortunately mother nature will be putting the car away for the winter shortly. No salt on the roads here yet...bit as soon as they do it goes in the garage. Connecticut started using all liquid calcium Chloride a few years ago. So driving in the winter is like giving your car a salt bath.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome messages. I agree that I got a great deal. I can't tell you how nervous I was that the deal would fall through while I was waiting for transport to Connecticut. Already love the car, although with the cold weather, it's time for it to be in the garage for winter. In the spring I can actually look forward to driving it with the top down. I sold my gold chevelle convertible 4 years and this is my replacement. That is why I wanted the yellow solstice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts