Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i'll try to describe this as best I can.
2007 Pontiac Solstice 2.4L
Werks Stage II Turbo with Water/Meth injection.

I had been having some issues with the car losing power for a while and finally figured out that the CAT was getting to hot and collapsing. So for now I removed the CAT completely until the new one comes in. The car gained all its power back and was running like a champ. Only real issue was that it was running a bit lean after removing the CAT.

Well today i was driving, I stopped at a traffic light went to take off in 1st gear went to shift into 2nd and got a huge backfire, then the car lost power for a few seconds. After that it regained power but the check engine light came on. so instead of driving any further there was an AutoZone about 2 min away so i parked the car, walked down and asked them if they could run the code to find out why i have the check engine light. They ran the Code and told me that the MAF/MAP sensor was throwing an error. I figured ok well that could just be a dirty sensor or it came loose. So I drove it about 4 miles back to my house. On the way there my AEM TruBoost gauge started throwing an Error 5. I looked it up when i came home and it says Error 5 is the Boost soleniod is shortened or disconnected. However the car is still spinning the turbo just fine and going into about 12-15psi of boost with no problems.

any suggestions as to what would cause these errors and how to fix them?

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
The best person would be DAve at Werks.
I would think it is related to the CAT no longer been there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i sent him a PM as well

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
little update on this issue,
after posting on here and reading some stuff about the MAF/MAP Sensor I went out and pulled mine off the car and cleaned it. I replaced it but never started the car back up yesterday. This morning I went out and started the car and the check engine light was no longer on and my TruBoost gauge wasn't showing any errors. So I took it down to one of my local mechs and had him pull the code that was in the history just to get an idea of what it was going on. the code that showed up was P0068. The car is now running fine and all boost levels are back to normal. So the question still remains, would the MAF/MAP sensor cause the car to completely shutdown and lose power like that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts