Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been some discussions of dates of when things will happen. I know we have car dealers and other people who may know things, so please post...

#1) The date final specs will be released? We got the preliminary options/colors from a member called cardealer but where are the final options/colors plus the final specs?

#2) The date factory ordering at dealers can start? Someone posted Feb 28th was this magic date????

Like the National Enquirer used to say....Inquiring minds want to know :jester

·
Registered
533 Posts
mceb said:
#2) The date factory ordering at dealers can start? Someone posted Feb 28th was this magic date????

The 28th would be good timing. The new Miata is revealed 3 days later. If it's not impressive, I'll place my order for the Solstice on March 4th. If it is, I'll sit on the fence until I can break the tie.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mceb said:
There have been some discussions of dates of when things will happen. I know we have car dealers and other people who may know things, so please post...

#1) The date final specs will be released? We got the preliminary options/colors from a member called cardealer but where are the final options/colors plus the final specs?

Like the National Enquirer used to say....Inquiring minds want to know :jester
I Would assume these would both be the same date. As GM wouldn't release the pricing gude un-finalized.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Actually I was hoping they'd release final specs a little before ordering opens (time to ponder) but you might be right they could be same date.

If any of you car dealers out there know something please post the dates of important events.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
Actually I was hoping they'd release final specs a little before ordering opens (time to ponder) but you might be right they could be same date.

If any of you car dealers out there know something please post the dates of important events.
If it's anything like the 2005 Mustang the options listing was sent out and promptly leaked a good 2 months before official orders went in.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Not having final prices won't stop GM from encoding the order froms online for the dealers to place their orders by code #'s.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My dealer is shooting holes in our rumor about ordering next month. He's guessing somewhere in the April timeframe.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mceb said:
My dealer is shooting holes in our rumor about ordering next month. He's guessing somewhere in the April timeframe.
It's no rumour :thumbs

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
SlipSlider said:
It's no rumour :thumbs
So you are saying March really is order-opening month? My guy seemed dead set against it but hey who knows what he knows (claims to have spoken to someone but could have bad info)

·
Registered
97 Posts
If they start accepting orders in March, it will be late March at the earliest. We've already got projected allocations for March and the Solstice is not on there at all.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eatoninside said:
If they start accepting orders in March, it will be late March at the earliest. We've already got projected allocations for March and the Solstice is not on there at all.
That's what my dealer was saying too.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
How disappointing! :mad I thought the end of Feb timeframe for ordering sounded a little early for GM to accept orders, but every car is different too and I was holding out hope. April does sound more reasonable to me for a June launch, based on when they started accepting orders for prior releases.

Don't they understand people are dying at this point and need to get there order in?? :lol

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
eatoninside said:
Dealers need the pricing guide to sell the car. Dealers get the pricing guide for the Solstice on Feb 28th (May just be a Canadian Date, but i'll confirm).

I don't know what else there is to say. I guess I'll check again and get back to you guys.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Now I feel like an ass.

Wow, I just got off the phone with my contact.
Bad news.
Feb 28th isn't what they thought it was... So forgive me for that one...

May 16th is start of production.
Solstice will be 25-30k Canadian.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SlipSlider said:
Bad news.

Did he mention start date of ordering process at all?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Bad news.

May 16th lines up pretty well with what eatoninside told us before.

Some of the stuff was misspelled and I had to correct it. In the options codes it also listed production weeks. The first week listed was "Production Week 19" which puts it in the May timeframe.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10923&postcount=10

Which I think week 19 is May 1st-7th, which is pretty close to the May 16th you have listed.

So is Feb 28th just the day GM sends out option listing then, since ordering wont be permitted at that time I'm guessing?

This might move showroom availability into July like AJC said a recent car show speaker mentioned.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Bad news.

Thanks for clarifying that up for us, and don't worry about the mistake! I am just glad we have people like you out there who have been able to feed us this kind of information! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
My opinion is GM/Pontiac marketing arm would not let June 21st go by. Get your new Solstice on the summer Solstice.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Bad news.

HEY!!! Is everything I tell you on the phone for public posting?!?!?!!!!

JUST KIDDING, SLIPSLIDER!!!! :lol :lol :glol :jester

May 16th is in line with what has been figured/teased out. I think the start of week 19 is May 16th. If not, it's a week earlier (cant remember the convention on what day a week accounting starts, there was something to do with if the year started on weekends or something). If it's a week earlier, they may be referring in the system to the day the first vehicle starts in the body shop.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts