Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Are these easy to install?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Sounds easy enough, I'm guessing this one will provide more power then the GM catback that'll be out soon. Is that a good assessment?

·
Registered
763 Posts
yeah but i checked out some of their dyno sheets, and dont expect more than 5hp
Its really only worth it if you want the sound.

·
Registered
905 Posts
More sound the better (as long as it makes it sound good).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Sounds easy enough, I'm guessing this one will provide more power then the GM catback that'll be out soon. Is that a good assessment?

Don't expect much, 5-8 HP tops, and thats only if the original is really bad. If GM did a good job (which I expect they did) any gain might be hard to tell and measurement would get lost in Dyno noise.

Biggest improvement could be in exhaust note quality. As long as it isn't a fart can.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Of course it is... 4 inches?! come on now, FFS it's not a HONDA! Please nobody get this!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only car I've seen that gained any REAL hp numbers was the WRX from the turbo-back exhaust (around 25-30whp). I dont expect you to gain more than 5. Looking at that huge cat under the hood I would say a header would be your best bolt on mod.

·
Registered
175 Posts
dori-san said:
4 inches?! Please nobody get this!
:agree: Those 4" cannons look rediculous and the sound from a 4 banger sounds like a tin can with these things.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
They say you gain 5-10 with the cat back. But does any one know how it sounds? I've been trying to get any info for awhile.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'll personally reserve my comments until I've seen pictures of one installed. Also just because it has a 4" outer rim does not mean it's going to sound like your normal fart can exhaust. This IS Magnaflow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
brentil said:
I'll personally reserve my comments until I've seen pictures of one installed. Also just because it has a 4" outer rim does not mean it's going to sound like your normal fart can exhaust. This IS Magnaflow.
Agreed. Lot goes sound other than tip size such as resonator size, design of the muffler (is it straight through, baffled), and the tip itself (is it rolled?).

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Lazarus said:
Agreed. Lot goes sound other than tip size such as resonator size, design of the muffler (is it straight through, baffled), and the tip itself (is it rolled?).
Yup, 4" rolled tip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
brentil said:
Yup, 4" rolled tip.
Yea so I doubt it will sound like a weedwacker. Also remember that most riced out Hondas are 1.6L.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I'm not so worried about the sound as I am the look. 4" is just way too big.

I've said it on this forum a few times before, my 240 is a 2.4L I4 so I'm familiar with the engine type. A 2.5" exhaust will yeild a pretty deep and throaty sound... but don't expect it to sound like a V8 or anything. In comparison, it STILL sounds more like just a low-toned ricerburner than an American muscle car.

But again, I'm just having an issue with the tip. Cause with a 4 inch tip you better be prepared for every honda fanboy to rev on you at stoplights. This is a sports car, not a race car... it doesn't need that big a tip on it.

And remember, for those of you who are interested in having a good exhaust sound wait till you GET the car first. Many have said that stock provides a good enough grunt, so you might like to save yourself 400 bucks. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts