Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to the Internet Manager here in Maine of the local Pontiac Dealer.

I`m the only one that has shown interest in the new Solstice.

He told me that I wont see a Solstice up here until Fall.

No pre-order info of any kind.

One good thing though, He told me I would be first in line to order one when He can start the ordering process.

So I wont get an early production car. But maybe it`s best that I get one made a little later. I told him all I want is the base model in red with air.

He told me he would keep me posted by e-mail as things evolve. Mitch :)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Yeah but you guys get to vote first.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Mitch, I assume you don't want the early 1000 program? If that turns out to be first come first serve doesn't matter where you are ;) (provided your dealer signed up)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy up here in Maine knew nothing about the early order program.
I told him about this site and all the cool info on here but he still told me he had nothing on the early order program. And he is their Internet Manager,

Mitch :lurk:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I am kind of getting the impression that the only dealers that signed up are ones that had customers show some early interest in the EOP.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
All the dealers would have received info from GM on the early order program. If there was no prior interest they may have ignored it, but each and every dealer HAD the opportunity to sign up.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
It kind of makes sense that only dealers with interested customers would sign up. I believe there was a fee of $300 to $400 that the dealers had to pay to be part of the early-order program. If they weren't fairly confident that they'd have a customer or two, why bother forking over the dough?

An encouraging thought for the rest of us, since those impulse buyers who see the commercial on April 14th and decide they must have a Solstice have to first find a participating dealer. If they happen to track one down on the 15th, hopefully the dealers will give priority to those of us ho already placed deposits.

·
Registered
178 Posts
dengel said:
An encouraging thought for the rest of us, since those impulse buyers who see the commercial on April 14th and decide they must have a Solstice have to first find a participating dealer. If they happen to track one down on the 15th, hopefully the dealers will give priority to those of us ho already placed deposits.
:rant:
The more I think about this, the more it seems like it was the result of one of the stunts that The Donald makes his hamsters execute. It doesn't see that well thought out after all, why did I put an early deposit if it doesn't count for anything? It seems that a lot of dealers who took early deposits saying that you are first, second or third in line to get the car at their dealership will have a lot of explaining to do to their customer who have been waiting in line.

I'm now off my soapbox.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Luc said:
The more I think about this, the more it seems like it was the result of one of the stunts that The Donald makes his hamsters execute. It doesn't see that well thought out after all, why did I put an early deposit if it doesn't count for anything? It seems that a lot of dealers who took early deposits saying that you are first, second or third in line to get the car at their dealership will have a lot of explaining to do to their customer who have been waiting in line.

I'm now off my soapbox.
Luuuucy, Djou got some splainin to do. :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts