Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called my dealer that I ordered from. The salesperson no longer works there...not anything new for a car dealer so I asked for the manager. I was then told they no longer owned the Pontiac franchise...one they have owned for 50 years! At this point.. I am going nuts... wondering about my car..my deposit...my car! Did I mention I am now concerned that I may not even GET my car! I am given the number of the new dealer and told MANY times by the old dealer..I can get my deposit back from the new dealer if I dont want the car...but otherwise no answers on my order. I am in the first allocation (supposedly) so I am going to wait a while for my car anyway. But so far I have not heard back from the manager at the "new" dealer and I am just so upset that I may just... :cuss: :brentil:

·
5,641 Posts
Did you get a VOMS order number from the original dealership? Has Cricket checked it out for you?

There is one or two other posts about simular situations. I seam to recall that the orders may not have transfered over to the new dealership.

May have to make a trip to the new dealership. This may not be good for you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not so easy..I live in Md and the dealership is in Florida. No I could never get the guys to give me a VOM. So..I impatiently am waiting for a call from the GM at the new dealer. This is like agony..im in LIMBO!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Major bummer!!!! :( I feel for ya!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im meeting up with JMS Sunday to see his Deep Sol in person. I have gone from being so excited because it is the same color as mine...and now I am almost dreading going. Good thing there are no tall bridges close by....I am thouroughly bummed. BUT..I really must give a huge THANK YOU to JMS for taking time Sunday for me to see it! They are a great couple!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Bad luck, maybe. Somewhere there should be a VOM# and with that a call to Pontiac might get somewhere. If the number proves valid but got scrubbed because of dealer change then maybe they would treat you like they did the zz and fm and find you a car AND deliver it through your local dealer as an extra allocation. No guarantee that they would but it has happened.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
achieftain said:
Bad luck, maybe. Somewhere there should be a VOM# and with that a call to Pontiac might get somewhere. If the number proves valid but got scrubbed because of dealer change then maybe they would treat you like they did the zz and fm and find you a car AND deliver it through your local dealer as an extra allocation. No guarantee that they would but it has happened.
Well..that would be sweet. But that would mean the new dealer would have to give me the VOM...and since I know the reputation of this dealer...its not real likely!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Sucks. 1st step is get that VOM #

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Where's the Straight Jacket?

deepdawg said:
Not so easy..I live in Md and the dealership is in Florida. No I could never get the guys to give me a VOM. So..I impatiently am waiting for a call from the GM at the new dealer. This is like agony..im in LIMBO!
As angry as you are, you may have to be put into a state that resembles your avatar! :lol: :glol: :lol: :glol:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm thinking that the new dealer has monitored this site and

realized you're a BULLDAWG. ;) ;)

I hate to think that he is a vengeful g a t o r . :devil:

Had to spell slow so he could read it.

Both my daughters and all my money went UGA!!!

DAWGS #9 AND RISING

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
deepdawg said:
Well..that would be sweet. But that would mean the new dealer would have to give me the VOM...and since I know the reputation of this dealer...its not real likely!
Call GM customer service they may give you some guidance.

·
Registered
753 Posts
if you placed an order it generated a VOM. i got mine the first day my order went into the system. it is not secret proprietery info for the dealers eyes only. call them up - ask for the VOM- and ask for the status (code) of your order.
if they give you a problem, show them your avatar ;)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Is your order a first 1000? If so, I would call GM's EOP hotline and see what they know. Whether the car is still yours, what dealer it may now be heading to, etc. Hope it's not as bad as you make it sound! Best of luck!

·
Registered
753 Posts
curious... did you give a deposit also? that constitutes a contract- the new dealer has to perform if he assumed the dealership from the one you contracted with.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FINELY said:
I'm thinking that the new dealer has monitored this site and

realized you're a BULLDAWG. ;) ;)

I hate to think that he is a vengeful g a t o r . :devil:

Had to spell slow so he could read it.

Both my daughters and all my money went UGA!!!

DAWGS #9 AND RISING
I never thought of that! You are so right! This is a conspiracy to keep an UGA fan from their car. :brentil:
PS...BOISE WHO?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts