Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Recent pics of painted hardtop, you can't really see many details, and no info on how its attached. Plus no response if this is going to a be a one off or if he is interested in making any more. Remember the guy who built this used a OEM vert frame to get the shape of this hardtop.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,581 Posts
Oof... his soft top looks a little rougher for the ride. Also not understanding how the trunk is open unless he put the hard top on after the trunk was opened and then needs to remove it to close the trunk... unless it is hinged on the front edge of the hard top? (which would be cool)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Oof... his soft top looks a little rougher for the ride. Also not understanding how the trunk is open unless he put the hard top on after the trunk was opened and then needs to remove it to close the trunk... unless it is hinged on the front edge of the hard top? (which would be cool)
was thinking the same thing!? about how the trunk is open

·
Registered
2009 , Solstice base 5 speed Red
188 Posts
I like how it looks but would prefer the buttress not be abreviated at the tip/point. That may be so the tips don't break off.
I see the convert top in the trunk . I wonder if this top just clips into the buttress holes and the windshield header latch? I would like to see it with the trunk and hood closed , hardtop installed.

·
Premium Member
19,728 Posts
Interesting. I applaud the effort Personally I find the coup top too confining for me. Having what is essentially a roadster top which is even smaller would be a deal killer for me. But I can see how some would really like it.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler
2,564 Posts
job well done. I hope he makes more. he will never be able to please everybody, thus always please your self ,there will be many other that also like what you have built . that go's with any thing built. kind of like the sky interior...not what I want in a sports car. but I hear some people actually like it. he could also make a glass trunk that is cut out (scalloped) for the butressesss's so the trunk would be easily assessed.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts