Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone else is interested, here is a link to some cheap regulation pucks. Five pucks cost 5.95 plus 9.99 for shipping (too much). Use discount code CUSTAPP15 for a 15% discount- total cost for five bucks=15.05 shipped to VA. I am buying five in case I make a mistake, or I think I heard that I should put a pad on the cup of the jack as well.

Regulation Ice Hockey Puck

OK. I have read numerous posts on the issue so I am hip to the options (BAV Auto,etc), but I want to make my own pads. From what I have read, the back pucks should fit right into place; the front ones would have to be hacksawed or whatever to fit. Insert number six eyehooks into the center of the pucks. I'm good with all that. However, I have not been under the car yet, so I am not quite sure how they fit into the slots. What I think I read is that the eyehooks are what fits into the slots under the car, right?

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
However, I have not been under the car yet, so I am not quite sure how they fit into the slots. What I think I read is that the eyehooks are what fits into the slots under the car, right?
Right. There are elongated holes at the spots and you'd insert the hook into the slot and turn 1/4 to keep it there loosely. It will NOT stay there though if the car is moved/moving - just so's you know. The BMW pucks can be clipped in and left there forever though.

But, why get 5? How many lift jacks do you have?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right. There are elongated holes at the spots and you'd insert the hook into the slot and turn 1/4 to keep it there loosely. It will NOT stay there though if the car is moved/moving - just so's you know. The BMW pucks can be clipped in and left there forever though.

But, why get 5? How many lift jacks do you have?
Right. Yeah. I read that about not forgetting (or forgetting) to take them out. I bought five because I thought there were four places (two in the rear, two in the front) where they would go. The extra one is because I thought I read to put one in the jack's cup, and I also figured if I had to hacksaw the front ones I might screw one up. :yesnod:

·
Registered
292 Posts
On my floor jack plate I place a lg.
flat washer. Why here is the ans.
On the frount packs only. I use the LG. washer.
Without it can be to low. This way no worry.
LLLFLY

Using a pluck on the floor jack can and WILL slip.
Not safe.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my floor jack plate I place a lg.
flat washer. Why here is the ans.
On the frount packs only. I use the LG. washer.
Without it can be to low. This way no worry.
LLLFLY

Using a pluck on the floor jack can and WILL slip.
Not safe.
OK.. A Washer? Where do you get a washer that big?

I'll take your word for it that a puck will slip out of the jack on the jacking points.
Do you think a puck would slip if I jacked the car up by the differential? I know that is not recommended, but I think I saw a couple of posts where guys jacked up the rear from the diff. They even said they did metal against metal. I thought maybe a puck between the diff and jack might work. I stress might.
:dunno:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the 4-BMW pucks eazy install.
A LG.steel washer any hardware store 2-1/2".
I only pick up from the jacking puck.
I do not use the washer on the back pucks.
LLLFLY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts