Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sorry, I was not able to post these earlier, I have had them for a week. I was having trouble logging into the site. This is Chuck Mallett Sema Pit Bull sponsored by QTP Performance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Mallett had contacted Norm about building a Pit Bull for the 2012 SEMA event. However, Norm told me that Mallett did not give him enough time to produce a genuine Pit bull molds. This above vehicle is a modified vehicle consisting of Norm widening the rear stock OEM fenders, and providing and using parts he already offers for the Solstice.

It's my understanding a genuine Pit bull will be comprised of a fiberglass widebody hood and top front fenders, bottom front fenders, and rear quarters panels that will be bonded into the the top of the beltline. I failed to ask how the inner wheel covers will be modified for the additional width.

But when I talked to him about the Pit Bull approximately three weeks ago (because I too thought a genuine Pit bull was going to debut at this years 2012 SEMA event) he made it clear the Pit bull body molds are still in the development and engineering phase, and this vehicle is only a modified Solstice with a Mallett engine.

Sorry, don’t mean to be anal, just don’t want any confusion generated over a modified vehicle vs. a genuine Pit Bull conversion kit.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Mallett had contacted Norm about building a Pit Bull for the 2012 SEMA event.
However, Norm told me that Mallett did not give him enough time to design & construct genuine Pitbull molds. The above vehicle was produced by Norm by widening the stock rear OEM fenders and adding fiberglass flares to give to give it a widebody effect, plus used parts Norm already offers for the Solstice.

It's my understanding that a genuine Pit bull kit will more closely resemble the concept (Google/Images/Pontiac Pitbull) drawings and be comprised of a fiberglass widebody front hood & top front fenders, along with widebody lower front fenders. In addition, the widebody rear quarters panels will be bonded along the OEM beltline, along with new rear fascia/exhaust valance so that the kit will more closely resemble the genuine Pitbull concept. I did not ask if wider front and rear inner wheel wells would be needed.

However, while discussing the Pitbull (because I too thought a genuine Pit bull was going to debut at this years 2012 SEMA event) Norm made it clear that the Pit bull body molds are still in the development and engineering phase only, and that this 2012, SEMA Mallet vehicle entry is just a modified Solstice with a Mallett engine.

Sorry, don’t mean to be anal, just don’t want any confusion generated over a modified vehicle vs. the possibility that a genuine Pit Bull conversion kit could sometime be offered in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts