Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A car that came with manual door locks and windows - can this be converted to automatic by changing out the door internals....or will the ECM need to be changed as well?

My father's car came with manual but found a salvage yard that will sell him the doors for a song.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Seems to me the only issue would be your fobs and the BCM not programmed for the locks, assuming BCM's are programmed for each specifically configured Kappa and not a one-size-fits-all type BCM. Do your fobs have door lock/unlock buttons?

·
Super Moderator
6,264 Posts
Power windows would be relatively simple since "all" you would need is power to the driver's door and wiring connecting it to the passenger's door.

Remote Keyless Entry is probably going to need a Remote Control Door Lock Receiver, unless the car has TPMS, in which case it may only require programming. And wiring. The doors will have the internal wiring, but you will need the vehicle body harness as well.

Programming will have to be done by a dealer or someone with a Tech2 and access to TIS2WEB. And the programming may be VIN specific, so it may not even work.

I guess he can get the body harness, BCM, and RCDLR from the salvage yard as well, but it will still be a lot of work.

An alternate approach would be an aftermarket RKE system using the actuators from the salvage doors.

·
Premium Member
1,742 Posts
While you're digging into the wiring and installing motors and what not, why not try this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts