Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,345 Posts
Sorry, i should havre bern more clear. I have a used one but it not in perfect shape.
If you want it you can have it.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,345 Posts
I will take some photos today and post later...
If i remember it is functionally perfect but the leather at the seems in the ball part are a little worn.

(boring backstory)
I bought it from Redline in FL so that i could ship it to an ebay company that makes some aftermarket leather products for our cars. They had a square boot listed for a Sky/Sol manual which is obviously not correct, so i bought this one and sent it to them to make a new round leather boot. Which they did, and then sent this one back no worse for the wear.
Now i just have it in my garage so you are welcome to it if you still want it after you have seen some photos..

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Just FYI, are you aware that the shifter knob is not removable from the lever on a Solstice? You will need to replace the entire shift lever, it has the know & boot attached.

The offer HHGadget made you is a great offer, I bought a new shifter for my 2006 last year just in case as some of the stitching on my boot was fraying, now they are all discontinued.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
I should mention the knob /shifter assembly does not have the boot on it.
It was removed by the ebay leather vendor to make a pattern for their new online version.
i understand thats not desirable for some hence the “free” offer. The knob and shaft are one piece and are unmolested.
My apologies as i got sidelined with some work fires last night and totally forgot to get pictures. Will try again tonight.

·
Premium Member
4,345 Posts
I should mention the knob /shifter assembly does not have the boot on it.
It was removed by the ebay leather vendor to make a pattern for their new online version.
i understand thats not desirable for some hence the “free” offer. The knob and shaft are one piece and are unmolested.
My apologies as i got sidelined with some work fires last night and totally forgot to get pictures. Will try again tonight.
I mean they did send back the OEM boot but they had to remove the stitches to make a pattern for the new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts