Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my 350z i was able to check the codes manually by doing some steps and a light would blink a code on the dash. Is there a way to do this on the solstice or do I have to use a code reader?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Code reader. Go to your local Autozone and they'll read the code for free.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yeah, I could do that with my F-body as well. But not with the kappa. I just invested in an OBDII scanner. They're actually getting cheaper; I've seen them as low as $30 and as high as several hundred dollars, depending on the features. I think mine cost $60 and hooks into my laptop for diagnosing causes and solutions.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yeah I bought a scanner too some time ago. Paid for itself first time I used it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive already asked them at autozone and they said they couldn't, that it's against the law.... ???

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
ive already asked them at autozone and they said they couldn't, that it's against the law.... ???
Wonder where they came up with THAT one but it looks as though they no longer read codes for free. Best to buy an inexpensive reader then.

·
Registered
406 Posts
buy a code reader i did, its saved me money and nothing better than helping out a friend when they need a code read, if you were closer or i wasnt busy all weekend id help you out, but i saw buy one anyway, you can get them for cheap online if you look around a bit

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
red - what year was the 350Z? Sounds like OBDI. (I could do that on my 92 F150 also) I think '92 might have been the last year OBDI was used. OBDII, if I understand correctly, must use a code reader / software.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
96 is when OBD2 was mandated...

On the PT Cruiser, you can do what is called the "key dance" and get the codes to show up in the odometer. Or use a scanner.

Flashing lights sure sound like ODB1 though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ah come on, he's only 2500 miles from Whittier :lol: Road trip :driving:
haha hes actually only about an hour and a half, i think hes in victorville or applevalley :leaving: i cant remember i forget easy, but my dad just got out of the hospital with pneumonia so ill be home with him for the weekend! but hey were planing a run soon! maybe you can come out too! last time we only had 1 sky! were a group of about ~10 when everyone shows, give or take 1 sol/sky! but yeah! look for a thread by solstice-d soon! :thumbs::grouphug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts