Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I quote my dealer:

"We recieved an admin message from GM late Saturday after your dad left the dealership. It said we can pre-order as many as 5 Solstice's if we order a kit for the dealership. We can enter these orders as soon as March 15th."

*boink*???

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well I guess with ordering starting soon and sop in a few months the solstice will most likely make a june apearance. Now if we could only see a picture with the top up I would be happy for a little while at least.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Brian said:
Well I guess with ordering starting soon and sop in a few months the solstice will most likely make a june apearance. Now if we could only see a picture with the top up I would be happy for a little while at least.
We'll more then likely get to test drive the car in dealerships (with no top of course) before we actually get any real iformation about the top. :(

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I'm so confused, what happened to 4/15 ordering? I wish GM would release something to the press.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't want them to post anything anywhere except on our forum. :devil: We should be the first ones to know. I keep an eye on BOB's blog just in case.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fortimir said:
And I quote my dealer:

"We can enter these orders as soon as March 15th."

*boink*???
This date conflicts with everything we've collected so far, I have to assume he meant 4/15 not 3/15.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
March 15th is the deadline for which dealers participating in the Soltice Early Order Program must enroll and receive their promotional kits. April 15th is when car ordering begins. This is straight from GM. My dealer is presently uncertain if we have to pre-enroll before Apr 15th. We will know the week of Apr 4th when the dealer receives the promo kits. Perhaps ever before.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
March 15th is the deadline for which dealers participating in the Soltice Early Order Program must enroll and receive their promotional kits. April 15th is when car ordering begins. This is straight from GM. My dealer is presently uncertain if we have to pre-enroll before Apr 15th. We will know the week of Apr 4th when the dealer receives the promo kits. Perhaps ever before.
Thanks, that explains it...the dealer has to signup by 3/15.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I will keep tabs. Particularly want to see sepcs on equipment and options. Chrome wheels are definatley out until September. Which is OK with me, cause I am leaning towards aftermarket anyway. 5-spd automatic, next year.

If you havn't guessed it already I have an inside source, although I won't know any infor any faster than a dealer, just at the same time.

Get this, GM has also announced that it may change some of the projected dates. I think that is a cop out in case they have to delay production for lack of parts. For instance, covers for the secret compartment behind the passenger seat!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
Get this, GM has also announced that it may change some of the projected dates.
Projected build date of mid-May?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*shrugs*

I don't care... 3/15... 4/15... all I know is that after much anticipation, this car is actually going to happen very soon.

*scary person with a bible* The day of redemption... is at hand!

·
Registered
182 Posts
slowandlow said:
just to let you know theydont get the equipment to hydro form the body till late april

I am so confused with these dates. I thought that they were running nonsaleable builds off the line now to get the bugs worked out, and now you say that the hydroforming equipment is not there yet????? :willy: At this point forget the top I would just love to see an official timeline.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I quote GM "...if the airdate for the televised announcement of the Early Order Program should change, the ordering dates will change, as well. You will be notified of any such change."

Leaves them an out.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:
Projected build date of mid-May?

My info referring to the first 1000 cars says VERY SPECIFICALLY for "June Production". GM is not promising a June delivery date, only June production. How long do you think it will take them to build 1000 Soltice? Two, three weeks for a new line and new car? We are probably looking at July delivery earliest.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAS22 said:
My info referring to the first 1000 cars says VERY SPECIFICALLY for "June Production". GM is not promising a June delivery date, only June production. How long do you think it will take them to build 1000 Soltice? Two, three weeks for a new line and new car? We are probably looking at July delivery earliest.
That's a change, many sources had SOP mid-May.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:
That's a change, many sources had SOP mid-May.
I know, I don't know who starting the May thing. Believe me there is alot of crap floating around, mostly started I think by unknowledgable dealers trying to get customers to put down early deposits. I am reading directly from a GM annoucement dated last week. As of today, there are no announced date changes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts