Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think that is the date for the media showing of the New York Auto Show and nothing more. We are all hoping that is the day that they will FINALLY show us the top and trunk and everything else they havent showed us yet!!! keep your fingers crossed!!!!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Blk37Special said:
What again is the significance of this date?

What does my dealer have to know/do?
There is supposed to be a GM satellite broadcast/conference call where the dealers can find out more information about the Early Order Program details.

I myself plan to call my dealer on the 22nd to make sure he is tuned into the broadcast, and will probably follow up on the 23rd to find out what he learned.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Magnified Importance

dengel said:
There is supposed to be a GM satellite broadcast/conference call where the dealers can find out more information about the Early Order Program details.

I myself plan to call my dealer on the 22nd to make sure he is tuned into the broadcast, and will probably follow up on the 23rd to find out what he learned.
It is the date that enrolled dealers can view one of two braodcasts thru the GM "TV" network. As of last nite, when I enrolled myself, there were only about 130 spots taken, out of 4000. You guys can do math right. Maybe better call and find out who's on board there. They did extend the enrollment until Fri 18MAR05, close of business.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
conejo148 said:
It is the date that enrolled dealers can view one of two braodcasts thru the GM "TV" network. As of last nite, when I enrolled myself, there were only about 130 spots taken, out of 4000. You guys can do math right. Maybe better call and find out who's on board there. They did extend the enrollment until Fri 18MAR05, close of business.
Let me get this straight, are you saying that there are only 130 dealers enrolled, that will have the ability to place an order from a customer with an ID # on April the 15th?.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Let me get this straight, are you saying that there are only 130 dealers enrolled, that will have the ability to place an order from a customer with an ID # on April the 15th?.
No, he's refering to the March 23rd broadcasts.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
brentil said:
No, he's refering to the March 23rd broadcasts.
But why would you have to enroll for a broadcast that is through the GM TV Network?.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
LatinVenom said:
But why would you have to enroll for a broadcast that is through the GM TV Network?.
Dealers, so they can learn details of the program. Maybe it's in a secure part or something?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I am sitting in on it with my dealer. Starts at 11AM Central. Supposed to last for 1 1/2 hours! What are they going to do for 90 minutes? Demonstrate the top operation? My dealer doesn't even now what they are going to cover. He thinks they'll go over the Early Order Program.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
PAS22 said:
I am sitting in on it with my dealer. Starts at 11AM Central. Supposed to last for 1 1/2 hours! What are they going to do for 90 minutes? Demonstrate the top operation? My dealer doesn't even now what they are going to cover. He thinks they'll go over the Early Order Program.
Bring a video camera and post some bootlegs for us! You'll be the hero of the day!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Slack

Not to talk bad about my dealer, but I havn't heard JACK from him after our he left me word that they were having a meeting about the Solstice two weeks ago. AND I even followed up with him last week and he STILL has yet to get in contact with me! I think I'll search out other nearby dealers. This is the first I've heard of the netcast meetings, please give me more details. How have others already gotten on lists without this "Internet order process"? Does anyone know any reputable dealers in the NC area who may be allotted these first Solstice's, because mine sure doen't seem to care!

·
Registered
179 Posts
So at 6 pm tonight I walk into dealership and talk tomy salesman,who knows nothing, who talks to the sales mgr, who know nothing, and get tomeet the GM who has seen the car, but not driven it. They go to thier official web info and - wow - a general update to thier information on the solstice! This is after I get the info provided by you wonderful sol lovers, and take them the info. They were still trying to tell me about the deposit I placed until that update! Now they are inviting me to watch the broadcast on 4/14 at thier dealership so I can get my ID - well, what do you know!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Bring a video camera and post some bootlegs for us! You'll be the hero of the day!!

Sneek one of those minature hidden spy video cams! At least maybe he will let me take notes! I will bet they will go over ever detail of the car and marketing. Maybe they'll even tell what come with the "Solstice Premiums". Heck, this is almost like attending a world premier movie!

·
Registered
338 Posts
mceb said:
Dealers, so they can learn details of the program. Maybe it's in a secure part or something?
It's actually for us to learn the specifics of the early order program, not anything about the vehicle. We earn training credit for enrolling in the class. It can be viewed without enrolling in the class, but a non-enrolled viewer cannot ask specific questions, or take the the at the end. There were 139 enrolled this morning.

There's also a Soltice/Torrent dual product broadcast on 6 APR that IS product specific. Have your dealer tape it, if possible, and maybe spend time watching that one instead, should be some performance. It will be the first one that we can ask questions. If you want to compile a list, let me know, I'm enrolled for that too. Maybe start a thread for me, I'll take care of it.

" B20SL.M6D, Solstice and Torrent Launch Kick-Off
Session: 119105
Instructor: IDL, 07
Start Date: 4/6/2005 12:00-14:00 End Date: 4/6/2005 12:00-14:00"

Enjoy

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
So at 6 pm tonight I walk into dealership and talk tomy salesman,who knows nothing, who talks to the sales mgr, who know nothing, and get tomeet the GM who has seen the car, but not driven it. They go to thier official web info and - wow - a general update to thier information on the solstice! This is after I get the info provided by you wonderful sol lovers, and take them the info. They were still trying to tell me about the deposit I placed until that update! Now they are inviting me to watch the broadcast on 4/14 at thier dealership so I can get my ID - well, what do you know!
If they got properly enrolled in the program you should have a blast. Maybe they'll let you help hang the banner and put out the advertising stuff that can't go up until close of business on the 14th.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks conejo148. Training for the EOP is a good thing. Maybe some of the sales guys at WannaSolstice's dealership should enroll :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts