Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommorrow I will sit in on the dealer IDL broadcast and see if anything new props up. My first dealer submitted question will be what IS included in the Solstice Premiums anyway? Full report of my impressions Wed evening.
:lurk:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer told to compile a list of questions. Financing issues including GM card points will be among them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Billabongi said:
Does anyone know the financial restrictions? Down payments minimums? Can we use the smart buy feature?
Gotta be patient, that's the type of information this broadcast will be giving to the dealers. Then they'll be letting us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
brentil said:
Gotta be patient, that's the type of information this broadcast will be giving to the dealers. Then they'll be letting us know.
I figured that, just kinda anxious I have basically 2 weeks to figure out if I can get in on the first 1000 deal. Just excited thats all :)

Hopefully my questions will be answered tomorrow
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Ok, so when is the broadcast today, so I remind my dealer when to watch it? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
3:00pm - 4:30pm. I'm in the eastern time zone. I don't know if it is beamed to all dealers at the same time or delayed due to time zone changes.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
That isn’t very nice of them… to make us wait all day to hear anything! :brentil:

Hopefully they give some good information in the broadcast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
brentil said:
Ok, so when is the broadcast today, so I remind my dealer when to watch it? :D
First broadcast at noon EST, second @ 3:00p. EST. I wil have posted update up by 2:30. Will post as new thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
conejo148 said:
First broadcast at noon EST, second @ 3:00p. EST. I wil have posted update up by 2:30. Will post as new thread.

Thanks much! I'm pinning my hopes on you. Just called my dealership, the sales manager had a death in his immediate family. That left the staff a little shaken up and short-handed. They didn't catch the noon broadcast, and likely won't see the late showing, either. I can certainly understand their situation. Good thing (for me) we have a few dealers on board here!

I told them (my dealership) I'll e-mail a link to your thread so they can get caught up to speed at their liesure. Unless you object, that is...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Well I emailed my dealer rep at about 10:45am today. I haven't heard back from him yet. I'm really hopping someone at thier dealership is watching this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I told them (my dealership) I'll e-mail a link to your thread so they can get caught up to speed at their liesure. Unless you object, that is...
I might recommend not telling additional dealers about this site if you don't have to. There already seem to be enough here to provide good information. And for those who search it out on their own, great. But a dealer in particular is possibly going to spread this site to a large number of other people interested in the car, which I'd kind of like to see happen AFTER April 15. As long as this site remains somewhat small, I'd say the odds of those of us here getting one of the first 1000 remains pretty good, since we seem to be getting more information than the masses. But with more and more people piling into the sight, we're rapidly losing any advantage. At any rate, if you're interested enough in the car to research it and find this place on your own, great ... but I hope it doesn't start getting forwarded all over until after the 15th. Just my thoughts on the matter.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
pwr66569 said:
I might recommend not telling additional dealers about this site if you don't have to. There already seem to be enough here to provide good information. And for those who search it out on their own, great. But a dealer in particular is possibly going to spread this site to a large number of other people interested in the car, which I'd kind of like to see happen AFTER April 15. As long as this site remains somewhat small, I'd say the odds of those of us here getting one of the first 1000 remains pretty good, since we seem to be getting more information than the masses. But with more and more people piling into the sight, we're rapidly losing any advantage. At any rate, if you're interested enough in the car to research it and find this place on your own, great ... but I hope it doesn't start getting forwarded all over until after the 15th. Just my thoughts on the matter.
The registered user base of this forum is small, but not the number of people who visit it daily and read what we post. I think Troy said he had over 10,000 unique hits in one day after the begining of the new year auto shows. Also if you go to Google.com this forum pretty much comes up #1 for most things Solstice related. It's also a paid google link too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
brentil said:
The registered user base of this forum is small, but not the number of people who visit it daily and read what we post. I think Troy said he had over 10,000 unique hits in one day after the begining of the new year auto shows. Also if you go to Google.com this forum pretty much comes up #1 for most things Solstice related. It's also a paid google link too.
On the front page we normally have 4-6 times as many "guests" as registered users. We also hit our high water mark yesterday of 394 user visits in one day.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
On the front page we normally have 4-6 times as many "guests" as registered users. We also hit our high water mark yesterday of 394 user visits in one day.
That's not for the entire day, that's for any given 30 minute time span. So at one point yesterday inside 30 minutes (or whatever value Troy has set) there were 394 unique visitors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
brentil said:
The registered user base of this forum is small, but not the number of people who visit it daily and read what we post. I think Troy said he had over 10,000 unique hits in one day after the begining of the new year auto shows. Also if you go to Google.com this forum pretty much comes up #1 for most things Solstice related. It's also a paid google link too.
OK ... point taken ... there are a lot of lurkers out there. But I still think it's a tiny fraction of the potential number of people who would be here if they knew about the site. And you'd be amazed at the number of people who still don't think to use the web to search for things. Think about the number of dealers who haven't even discovered the site yet. I'm certain there will be huge numbers of people discovering this site via Google in the week before the 4/15 Apprentice as they see the previews for the show and get curious. But again, a dealer is going to certainly be exposed to a number of people looking for the car and there's no need to drive the masses to this site if it can be avoided. I'm also guessing a lot of people who don't read this site may not see the urgency for getting one of the first 1000, but merely think they can go in the first day or two of the EOP to get one. It might not make a difference, but it's more people "in the know" that will all be fighting for a shot. Let's at least keep it exclusive to those who go to the trouble of doing a search for it. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
I agree, that's what I'm hoping for too. I'm really hoping the only reason I'm going during work to make sure I'm there early is to just fight other Forum members for the VIN# 0001 and not to fight for the chance of actually getting one. :D

You know, I wonder if this order program will tell the dealer what place in line you are so you know what your VIN# will be.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
I say Troy shuts off the forum to anyone not a registered member for a few weeks ;)
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top