Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

March 23rd the process begins!

6K views 52 replies 23 participants last post by  achieftain 
#1 ·
Tommorrow I will sit in on the dealer IDL broadcast and see if anything new props up. My first dealer submitted question will be what IS included in the Solstice Premiums anyway? Full report of my impressions Wed evening.
:lurk:

#5 ·
Billabongi said:
Does anyone know the financial restrictions? Down payments minimums? Can we use the smart buy feature?
Gotta be patient, that's the type of information this broadcast will be giving to the dealers. Then they'll be letting us know.

#12 · (Edited)
conejo148 said:
First broadcast at noon EST, second @ 3:00p. EST. I wil have posted update up by 2:30. Will post as new thread.

Thanks much! I'm pinning my hopes on you. Just called my dealership, the sales manager had a death in his immediate family. That left the staff a little shaken up and short-handed. They didn't catch the noon broadcast, and likely won't see the late showing, either. I can certainly understand their situation. Good thing (for me) we have a few dealers on board here!

I told them (my dealership) I'll e-mail a link to your thread so they can get caught up to speed at their liesure. Unless you object, that is...

#14 ·
2KWK4U said:
I told them (my dealership) I'll e-mail a link to your thread so they can get caught up to speed at their liesure. Unless you object, that is...
I might recommend not telling additional dealers about this site if you don't have to. There already seem to be enough here to provide good information. And for those who search it out on their own, great. But a dealer in particular is possibly going to spread this site to a large number of other people interested in the car, which I'd kind of like to see happen AFTER April 15. As long as this site remains somewhat small, I'd say the odds of those of us here getting one of the first 1000 remains pretty good, since we seem to be getting more information than the masses. But with more and more people piling into the sight, we're rapidly losing any advantage. At any rate, if you're interested enough in the car to research it and find this place on your own, great ... but I hope it doesn't start getting forwarded all over until after the 15th. Just my thoughts on the matter.

#15 ·
pwr66569 said:
I might recommend not telling additional dealers about this site if you don't have to. There already seem to be enough here to provide good information. And for those who search it out on their own, great. But a dealer in particular is possibly going to spread this site to a large number of other people interested in the car, which I'd kind of like to see happen AFTER April 15. As long as this site remains somewhat small, I'd say the odds of those of us here getting one of the first 1000 remains pretty good, since we seem to be getting more information than the masses. But with more and more people piling into the sight, we're rapidly losing any advantage. At any rate, if you're interested enough in the car to research it and find this place on your own, great ... but I hope it doesn't start getting forwarded all over until after the 15th. Just my thoughts on the matter.
The registered user base of this forum is small, but not the number of people who visit it daily and read what we post. I think Troy said he had over 10,000 unique hits in one day after the begining of the new year auto shows. Also if you go to Google.com this forum pretty much comes up #1 for most things Solstice related. It's also a paid google link too.

#16 ·
brentil said:
The registered user base of this forum is small, but not the number of people who visit it daily and read what we post. I think Troy said he had over 10,000 unique hits in one day after the begining of the new year auto shows. Also if you go to Google.com this forum pretty much comes up #1 for most things Solstice related. It's also a paid google link too.
On the front page we normally have 4-6 times as many "guests" as registered users. We also hit our high water mark yesterday of 394 user visits in one day.

#17 ·
mceb said:
On the front page we normally have 4-6 times as many "guests" as registered users. We also hit our high water mark yesterday of 394 user visits in one day.
That's not for the entire day, that's for any given 30 minute time span. So at one point yesterday inside 30 minutes (or whatever value Troy has set) there were 394 unique visitors.

#18 ·
brentil said:
OK ... point taken ... there are a lot of lurkers out there. But I still think it's a tiny fraction of the potential number of people who would be here if they knew about the site. And you'd be amazed at the number of people who still don't think to use the web to search for things. Think about the number of dealers who haven't even discovered the site yet. I'm certain there will be huge numbers of people discovering this site via Google in the week before the 4/15 Apprentice as they see the previews for the show and get curious. But again, a dealer is going to certainly be exposed to a number of people looking for the car and there's no need to drive the masses to this site if it can be avoided. I'm also guessing a lot of people who don't read this site may not see the urgency for getting one of the first 1000, but merely think they can go in the first day or two of the EOP to get one. It might not make a difference, but it's more people "in the know" that will all be fighting for a shot. Let's at least keep it exclusive to those who go to the trouble of doing a search for it. ;)

#19 ·
I agree, that's what I'm hoping for too. I'm really hoping the only reason I'm going during work to make sure I'm there early is to just fight other Forum members for the VIN# 0001 and not to fight for the chance of actually getting one. :D

You know, I wonder if this order program will tell the dealer what place in line you are so you know what your VIN# will be.

#21 ·
pwr66569 said:
Thoughts? Didn't you just join this month? I'm not going to go into a flame/rant. Draw your own conclusions as to my thoughts. My dealer already knows about the forum, I'll just send him a link to conejo148's post with conejo148's approval (nobody else's).

#22 · (Edited)
2KWK4U said:
Thoughts? Didn't you just join this month? I'm not going to go into a flame/rant. Draw your own conclusions as to my thoughts. My dealer already knows about the forum, I'll just send him a link to conejo148's post with conejo148's approval (nobody else's).
Yep ... gotta admit I'm relative newbie here. I did watch for a while before I joined, but haven't been around nearly as long as many here. I saw a pic of the car and I started digging up everything I could find about it. I didn't mean my post to come off as an attack aimed at you or anything. Just saw it and started thinking that it might be good if not all the dealers know about the board since they will probably then tell anybody who asks about the car to check it out. Again, I'm not trying to say this should be some sort of top-secret society or something ... but it appears the forum often provides some great information before most others know about it. In my opinion, it would be best to try to limit its exposure to those fascinated enough to go looking for it. It's bound to spread like wildfire as we head into the airing of the Apprentice. But of course, it's your own call to make ... and most of you have been here much longer than I have. As for me, I'm not even telling people I know until after the EOP deadline in the off chance they decide they want one of their own and end up competing for mine. :)

#23 ·
pwr66569 said:
Yep ... gotta admit I'm relative newbie here. I did watch for a while before I joined, but haven't been around nearly as long as many here. I saw a pic of the car and I started digging up everything I could find about it. I didn't mean my post to come off as an attack aimed at you or anything. Just saw it and started thinking that it might be good if not all the dealers know about the board since they will probably then tell anybody who asks about the car to check it out. Again, I'm not trying to say this should be some sort of top-secret society or something ... but it appears the forum often provides some great information before most others know about it. In my opinion, it would be best to try to limit its exposure to those fascinated enough to go looking for it. But of course, it's your own call to make. As for me, I'm not even telling people I know until after the EOP deadline in the off chance they decide they want one of their own and end up competing for mine. :)
Hey, no hard feelings. I completely understand how you feel. If it were up to me, this forum wouldn't be so easy to find until after I gets mine.

#24 ·
And according to conejo148 almost 2000 dealers signed up for EOP, and by 3/29 they will all have printed rules in front of them. If the unique code signup allows for more than 1000 customer codes then it will come down to which dealers have the fastest computer connections at 2 PM cause it will boil down to an average of 1 car for every other dealer signed up.

#26 ·
dylan01 said:
I know somebody who may be able to get a copy of GM Infonet Solstice broadcast. Ill let you guys know when I find out...
See my post under CONEJO's thread. My dealer was going to tape the second broadcast from today but I won't know until tommorrow. They only showe three brief excerps from the walk waround video. It would probably be better to wait and copy the DVD once it gets to the dealer in early April.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.