Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mark your Calendars Sat Sept 23rd - Blue Mountain Ontario Run

Calling all Solstices and Skys to join in a run up the Niagra Escarpment on Saturday September 23rd. We would essentially be following the route on the attached map from Highway 10 & 89 up to Blue Mountain and then Thornbury, follow Highway 26 to Meaford then south through the Beaver Valley (amazing area) connecting up with Flesherton and back down some alternates to Toronto.

We will plan for lunch somewhere en route so we may get to talk.

If the leaves are changing colour by then, the scenery will be even more spectacular.

We will start at 10 am from the Tim Hortons at the corner of Highway 10 and Mayfield Road (Caledon).

Please let me know via the Forum, if you are going to join us on the run.

CONFIRMED TO DATE:

Andi
Elixirman 50/50
Dylan01 (dependant on university)
Restlessone (dependent on flight plan)
Min0r
Grey Ghost
Silverado
Debi Richer
Excited

REGRETS:

NightTripper
byebyebaby

Jackl --- 3 weeks ago I herniated a disc in my back and have been bed ridden since. I will be unable to coordinate the ride further nor go on the ride. I'm asking anyone to pick this up and coordinate the ride. I'm visiting the spine clinic Tuesday and will know better. I'm entering this on my blackberry and cannot guarantee I'll be online in the upcoming weeks. Thinking of driving my Sol a/aqin -- it's been 3 weeks!

Note: The attached map (in Adobe Reader PDF Format) is for the first section of the run up going north up to and including Thornbury. Additional maps showing the rest of the run will be posted later.

http://72.137.88.79/jlweb/duffgrey.pdf

·
Registered
509 Posts

I think we should ask the Mods to make this thread a sticky:)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I will be there, count me in.
University starts for me on the 8th... so I am hoping that it wont be too busy.
ill let you know for sure in a bit.

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
I'll mark my calender not sure what's happening in my scedule then, but hopefully I'll be able to attend.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've markes that day but won't know till the Sept schedule comes out.

Gordon

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hi!

I hope to be able to make this run. I just got my car and will have to beg work to get 3 weekends off in a row.
(Gonna be on vacation till the 16th or 17th...)

Would be nice to meet some others that are as passionate about driving as I am.

·
Registered
535 Posts
If I am still up here in Newmarket and not on my way back to Georgia, I will try to come. Will let you know as it gets closer.:crazy:
Would love to see the area and meet some of you. I may even bring the hubby for good measure:lol:
Don't laugh if I am wearing a heavier jacket than most. Used to warmer days and nights.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, just got my new Solstice - I am interested to joint you on Sept 23
Silverado -- consider yourself added to the list.

Were you on Burnhamthorpe (going west) near HuronOntario between 7:30 and 8:00 am, Monday ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I will try to make it to! Thanks for the invite.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Ouch this really hurts.
I have been back to my home town of Collingwood once in the past 25 years and have planned a trip back there for Sept ....but I will be only be in town until Sept 21st. Even though I would be in a rental car I would have liked to meet up with you folks.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Need Ride Coordinator for 23rd

Mark your Calendars Sat Sept 23rd - Blue Mountain Ontario Run

Calling all Solstices and Skys to join in a run up the Niagra Escarpment on Saturday September 23rd. We would essentially be following the route on the attached map from Highway 10 & 89 up to Blue Mountain and then Thornbury, follow Highway 26 to Meaford then south through the Beaver Valley (amazing area) connecting up with Flesherton and back down some alternates to Toronto.

We will plan for lunch somewhere en route so we may get to talk.

If the leaves are changing colour by then, the scenery will be even more spectacular.

We will start at 10 am from the Tim Hortons at the corner of Highway 10 and Mayfield Road (Caledon).

Please let me know via the Forum, if you are going to join us on the run.

Note: The attached map (in Adobe Reader PDF Format) is for the first section of the run up going north up to and including Thornbury. Additional maps showing the rest of the run will be posted later.

http://72.137.88.79/jlweb/duffgrey.pdf

4 weeks ago I herniated a disc in my back and have been bed ridden since. I will be unable to coordinate the ride further nor go on the ride. I'm asking anyone to pick this up and coordinate the ride (maps, lead the run, etc...)

I visited the spine clinic Tuesday -herniated disc... MRI Friday.

I'm entering this on my blackberry and cannot guarantee I'll be online in the upcoming weeks.

Have fun on the ride Saturday!

Wishing I could drive my Sol again-- it's been 4 weeks! :(

Jackl :(

·
Registered
509 Posts
Sorry

Sorry to hear about that, Jack. I hope you get better soon:) . I'm not that good at organizing things - so I would leave that part to someone else. Plus at this time, I am still 50/50 if I'm going or not.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump...

4 weeks ago I herniated a disc in my back and have been bed ridden since. I will be unable to coordinate the ride further nor go on the ride. I'm asking anyone to pick this up and coordinate the ride (maps, lead the run, etc...)

I visited the spine clinic Tuesday -herniated disc... MRI Friday.

I'm entering this on my blackberry and cannot guarantee I'll be online in the upcoming weeks.

Have fun on the ride Saturday!

Wishing I could drive my Sol again-- it's been 4 weeks! :(

Jackl :(

1 - 20 of 41 Posts