Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
CAPE MAY COUNTY WELCOME [Wildwood]

Run Details:

Meeting Time: 9:30AM, at Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse, 2nd St. and Mantua Ave., Paulsboro, NJ.

Driving Directions to the meeting point at Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse:
From RT. 295, take exit 19. Follow signs for Rt. 44. Make a left onto Rt. 44 and go about 1 mile, over a bridge and then make an immediate right onto North Commerce St., which becomes Mantua Ave. Follow this until you come to 2nd St. Make a left into the sports complex (Little League ball fields).

Since this lighthouse does not look like what folks would expect a lighthouse to look like, here is a picture of what you will be looking for. Also, it is located in the middle of a Little League ball park.

We will leave Tinicum Rear Range Lighthouse at 10:00AM. I am figuring we will make a 10 to 15 minute stop at each of the lighthouses, with a slightly longer stop in Cape May, just in case folks want to climb to the top.

This is a pretty long run. We will drive about 140 miles, on mostly back roads. I anticipate approximately 4 hours of driving time, and would like to get everyone to Wildwood in time to have lunch and catch the end of the car show.

For those not interested in the full run, we will hopefully reach Cape May Lighthouse between 1:00 and 1:30PM.

Once we visit the final lighthouse in North Wildwood, folks will be free to go over to the Boardwalk in Wildwood to check out the Car Show and grab a bite to eat. We will have to split up and find parking on the street, as I was not able to find a convenient parking lot where we could all park as a group. Also, there are meters on the street, but we should not have to pay as I believe metered parking does not go into effect until May 15th.
Call me on your way to Cape May County, I would like to join you guys! 609-226-9310

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
No worries Mike; we got 'ya covered.;)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
A Great Time!

Well, I made it home safe and sound. Ran into some rain around 9:30pm or so as I headed north, but still made it in by 10:30pm. So not too bad. I hope the rest of you had an uneventful drive home as well. :cool:

Thanks to all who came out for the run. It was a really fun day and the weather turned out great. I think we'll all have some great pictures to post, but i don't think I'll get around to mine until tomorrow. :yawn:

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Here's a few to start us off - I'm sure there's better group shots than mine so
I didn't post them.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts

dengel: "Look! It's hair transplants!"

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
Here are some of my pics.

Where did you say that hood release is?

HI TOM!

I love the clouds in this one.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
A few more.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
One more,

The Squatters

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
WHAT A GREAT DAY! Congrats & thanks to dengel for all the pre-run planning.:yesnod:

All of the pics posted are wonderful captures of that wonderful day.

Sorry we had to leave early, but timing was just right to take care of a panting canine when we got home. The pelting rain during the last ten miles home completely cleaned the car; bugs & all. I only needed to towel it dry.

·
Registered
475 Posts
very very nice run.. Great slide show.. Great day... big groups are exciting, but the smaller runs give the drivers more flexibility. Was that sollie doin the funkie chicken on the breakwater? :lol:

Perfect group snap in the life boat.. Go MASSC:cool:

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Shutterfly slideshow: The light in those photos is as close to heaven as it gets. Just beautiful. How do you do it?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Even more pics for people to view!

http://spag.shutterfly.com <- click here and look at the slide show for the ride...

:yesnod:
ARRGHHH!!! Once again, at work, can't get to shutterfly. No pics for me until I get home. :(

I guess they expect me to be working or something. :willy:

81 - 96 of 96 Posts