Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems to me that we forum members rate high on Pontiac's list. Of up to 86 or so VINs members here have 14 of them. Are they building ours first? I'd like to think so...

:willy: Hey Guys! :willy: Cool- all options except XM and 6 cd changer for Alabama next please!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I haven't looked at all of the VIN# posts but I think one possible reason for this is that there are actually a lot more lurkers/readers than we all know about (who knows, possibly as much as 1/3rd or more of all the 1st 1,000) and they're more likely to come out of their shells and post when the get their VINs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Also, there have been something like 180 production cars built so far, so there may be even more VINs out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still excited

While I wait for my news, it's exciting to see others getting the VIN and later this week, delivery. I think most of us feel like this. I'm glad to have had this forum to share the wait with. Hubby is threatening to call the guys with the white jackets and tell them to prepare my rubber room if i don't get my VIN# soon. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
My sales guy called me today and said that cars #1 and #2 of 5 (first allocation) have been built. #1 on July 18th and #2 yesterday. I asked him if these were EOP cars and he said they didn't get any EOPs. Could it be possible that First Allocations are being built?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
My sales guy called me today and said that cars #1 and #2 of 5 (first allocation) have been built. #1 on July 18th and #2 yesterday. I asked him if these were EOP cars and he said they didn't get any EOPs. Could it be possible that First Allocations are being built?
You might be in the same boat as me. My zero zip car was assigned a VIN and looked like it was built. Next day i found out my order was reassigned as a test vehicle and i was issued a new VOM#. (see false rumor thread)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
Member of The Royal Order of SOLSTICE

Although I decided to post on yesterday, I’ve been aware of the forum since the inception, since the founders began posting. At that point the only picture of the Solstice on the web was a spy shot. I remember searching in an desperate attempt to find a different image of the solstice. Then it happened I found an image with al lady standing next to the Solstice at a car show.

A number of us "lurkers” are members of the secret society (The Royal Order of SOLSTICE).

Nevertheless there are members of the forum who post frequently that are members also.

Many All Called But Few Are Chosen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
The Royal Order of SOLSTICE

This forum (the members) is the greatest. I have a sincere appreciation for everyone that's been involved with the Solstice Forum.

I just can't say thank you enough.

I love reading the post. Just think about the number of people around you daily that simply does not have a clue about the Solstice. When you think about it the ones that are aware, is because we had to talk to somebody about it.

Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Fiver,

Where are you located at in NC? Have you seen Excelsiors & Chris' sites pertaining to the First 1000 EOP orders?

Rick
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
My sales guy called me today and said that cars #1 and #2 of 5 (first allocation) have been built. #1 on July 18th and #2 yesterday. I asked him if these were EOP cars and he said they didn't get any EOPs. Could it be possible that First Allocations are being built?
hyzer said:
You might be in the same boat as me. My zero zip car was assigned a VIN and looked like it was built. Next day i found out my order was reassigned as a test vehicle and i was issued a new VOM#. (see false rumor thread)
I think hyzer is right on. When you check with Mackey, you will find that their cars are like hyzer, built but taken away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
233 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
While I wait for my news, it's exciting to see others getting the VIN and later this week, delivery. I think most of us feel like this. I'm glad to have had this forum to share the wait with. Hubby is threatening to call the guys with the white jackets and tell them to prepare my rubber room if i don't get my VIN# soon. ;)
Ditto....Except my husband has threatened to take away my computer. :lol: I send my dealer emails daily with updates from the forum, so I know he will back my husband. :yesnod:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
568 Posts
math wiz?

I'd say this forum represents about 10-15% of the first 1,000 based upon Excelsior's survey.... take whatever facts we have and multiply them by 10 as a rough guide....

For example... 18 VIN's assigned to members equals about 180 assigned in total.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
package said:
I'd say this forum represents about 10-15% of the first 1,000 based upon Excelsior's survey.... take whatever facts we have and multiply them by 10 as a rough guide....

For example... 18 VIN's assigned to members equals about 180 assigned in total.
:agree:
Which is somewhat confirmed because #158 was born yesterday...


Marco
Member


Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 23 Vin # 158

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woooo Hoooooo! Born on date...8/3/05 Number 158 Mysterious, two tone loaded. See you in Detroit Friday!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top