Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at picking up a set of T2 stripes and the A-pillar/back deck wrap, but I noticed the only black offered is gloss black. Would you guys be willing to cut a matte black version? I think matte black would blend with the convertible top a little better.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just use Plasti-Dip on those 2 parts? It is removable and comes in flat black.
Yeah I am considering that as well, I would still need the stripes in matte black though. I could get just generic racing stripes, but I don't really want the hassle of having to cut them and fold them around the grilles/nooks/crannies of the car which is why I liked the T2 stripes so much.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
You can use the plati-dip to make stripes too. ;)
excuse my ignorance, but Im new to plastidip, Im assuming it doesnt hurt the clearcoat at all?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
excuse my ignorance, but Im new to plastidip, Im assuming it doesnt hurt the clearcoat at all?
Nope. Peels off like a rubber sheet of paint when you are done.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
sweet, I may have to add some stripes to my car...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing I'm not a fan of is using plasti-dip for stripes or anything that requires a straight line. I've never seen a plasti-dip edge come out straight unless it's the physical edge of the part. The Cobalt community loves plasti-dipping the "evo" or "gtp" mod on the front bumper but the edges looks lousy close up in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Did you look at the photos in my link? My stripe edges came out perfectly sharp and straight. Used 'blue' tape and peeled while the pl.dip was still wet.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I can cut the stripes in matte. The A pillar kit is a special vinyl we use and I don't stock it in matte. If there was enough demand for matte I would stock it. If you want the stripes in matte.. just order them in gloss and put notes in the comment box that you want matte black. We will take care of the rest. Thx.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can cut the stripes in matte. The A pillar kit is a special vinyl we use and I don't stock it in matte. If there was enough demand for matte I would stock it. If you want the stripes in matte.. just order them in gloss and put notes in the comment box that you want matte black. We will take care of the rest. Thx.
Cool, that sounds good :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts