Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone over 6ft has tried sitting in and/or driven the Solstice for any length of time.
When the Miata first came out I was ready to drop my money on it.... until I tried to sit in it. Thought it might be a wee bit difficult to drive what with my knees hitting the steering wheel and all.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
SheetMetal said:
Was wondering if anyone over 6ft has tried sitting in and/or driven the Solstice for any length of time.
When the Miata first came out I was ready to drop my money on it.... until I tried to sit in it. Thought it might be a wee bit difficult to drive what with my knees hitting the steering wheel and all.
Go to the FAQ, there are also a number of post on the subject.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If you look in the gallery there are images of a Pontiac show rep sitting in the car. He said he was 6'2" tall. Bob Lutz has been seen sitting in it and he's 6'2"-6'3" I believe. Also if you find a BMW Z3 to sit in and you fit there, I'm betting you'll have plenty of space in the Solstice.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I was wondering the same thing, I'm 6'2" and even my Sunfire feels a little cramped.

·
Registered
85 Posts
According to the stats at carsdirect.com, the Solstice has .5" more legroom and .3" more headroom than my daughters 2000 Cabrio. I drove the Cabrio extensively for 5 months and I'm 6'4" 230+#. It looks like a low ride so getting in and out might be interesting.

·
Registered
118 Posts
brentil said:
If you look in the gallery there are images of a Pontiac show rep sitting in the car. He said he was 6'2" tall. Bob Lutz has been seen sitting in it and he's 6'2"-6'3" I believe. Also if you find a BMW Z3 to sit in and you fit there, I'm betting you'll have plenty of space in the Solstice.
Brentil, I suspect you mean for him to compare to a Z4. The solstice specs are very similar (actually a little bit more roomy) to a Z4. I fit fine in a Z4 at 6'4" but my head rubs the head liner hard in the Z3.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
fitting

Well, im 6'1 and I fit perfectly. I sat in it at the 2005 CIAS.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
dylan01 said:
Well, im 6'1 and I fit perfectly. I sat in it at the 2005 CIAS.
This may seem personal, but what is your inseam?

If you have a 33-35 inseam, I'm not surprised you fit.

If your inseam is more than about 36 or 37, I'm surprised your legs fit without hitting the steering wheel.

If you have a 28 inseam, I'm REALLY surprised you fit at all without being almost above the windshield. If your inseam is maybe 30-31 to 33 ish, you prolly fall in the "decent fit" range, maybe a bit tall but OK.

That's just what I've been able to piece together with data from a couple of threads on seated height and such, which vehicles fit which people, and roughly what people's overall height and inseam are.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Skidpad said:
Brentil, I suspect you mean for him to compare to a Z4. The Solstice specs are very similar (actually a little bit more roomy) to a Z4. I fit fine in a Z4 at 6'4" but my head rubs the head liner hard in the Z3.
No, I meant the Z3 because it does have smaller dimensions then the Z4. If he fits just fine in the Z3 he'll fit fine in the Z4 as well, and have plenty of Solstice room more then likely. My head bumps bigtime in a MSM :brentil: but I've got plenty of space in a Z3.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Fit

solsticeman said:
If your inseam is more than about 36 or 37, I'm surprised your legs fit without hitting the steering wheel.
If you have a 28 inseam, I'm REALLY surprised you fit at all without being almost above the windshield. If your inseam is maybe 30-31 to 33 ish, you prolly fall in the "decent fit" range, maybe a bit tall but OK.QUOTE]

I have a inseam of 32.5 or 33 if you want to round. I recall sitting in the Solstice, and although the windshield looks really low in pictures, you sit unbelievably low in the Solstice, and I could see perfectly out the window. I think I'd be correct in saying that the top of the windshield is rounded up so that there is more visibility. (very, very hard to explain)
If anybody has any other questions that pertains to fitting in the Solstice, ask away!

·
Registered
6 Posts
dylan01 said:
solsticeman said:
If you have a 28 inseam, I'm REALLY surprised you fit at all without being almost above the windshield. If your inseam is maybe 30-31 to 33 ish, you prolly fall in the "decent fit" range, maybe a bit tall but OK.QUOTE]

I have a inseam of 32.5 or 33 if you want to round. I recall sitting in the Solstice, and although the windshield looks really low in pictures, you sit unbelievably low in the Solstice, and I could see perfectly out the window. I think I'd be correct in saying that the top of the windshield is rounded up so that there is more visibility. (very, very hard to explain)
If anybody has any other questions that pertains to fitting in the Solstice, ask away!

How wide was the seat? (roughly)

·
Registered
4 Posts
6'2"

I drove the solstice yesterday and it was a little cramped, but not much. Same problem as my S2000 had, the seat bottom is too high and the knees are too close to the steering wheel.
If there is a way to drop the seat (installing a sparco) then everything will be perfect

·
Registered
194 Posts
adamacious said:
I am 5'6" and I have a 30" inseeam -- I guess shortness pays off well for once :)

:agree: :grouphug: :brentil: :brentil: :) :(
:agree: It's our reward for the tall guys taking all the short chicks :lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
diamond lil said:
My husband is 6'2 and fits fine!!!
ummm...are you still talking about the car?:lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
bratbrigitte said: