Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think??











The Solstice.


They did pick a 'vette as "supercar of the year" but still...
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
Backstage said:
What do you think??











The Solstice.


They did pick a 'vette as "supercar of the year" but still...
They have cars and articles in Maxim? :confused: ;) :lol:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Pretty high praise, given new cars like the Cayman. But I am not terribly surprised. Lots of awesome cars to chose from over $45,000 but at the affordable end, so few. Any one who makes a fabulous sports car under $25,000 deserves to have it named car of the year. I expect suit to follow in most of the major automotive mags this year. It is well deserved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Yep, I noticed that when I was flipping through the mag. Always good to see the car getting some more attention, but it seemed a bit diluted when I noticed that there were 9 other "vehicles of the year". And the Corvette got the two-page spread, so it wasn't like they played up the Sol as the overall biggest hit. Here are the other categories they came up with ...

supercar of the year Corvette
truck of the year Honda Ridgeline
trophy car of the year Maserati Quattroporte
GT of the year Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
best buy of the year VW Jetta
speed demon of the year Mercedes SLK55 AMG
performance sedan of the year BMW 330i
SUV of the year Range Rover Sport
off-roader of the year Hummer H3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Awards......But where are the cars?

With all the magazine articles and publicity, it's a shame GM can't capitalize on the frenzy. Imagine if there were 100,000 Solstices on the dealer lots after all the ads and awards. Pontiac would be very happy campers........ :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
ntouched said:
With all the magazine articles and publicity, it's a shame GM can't capitalize on the frenzy. Imagine if there were 100,000 Solstices on the dealer lots after all the ads and awards. Pontiac would be very happy campers........ :yesnod:

I know my wife would be happy. :lol: I could sell 30 of these cars today if I had them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
MSG McKee said: "They have cars and articles in Maxim?"

Yea, I missed the Solstice article in Playboy for the same reason!

(
just kidding. I don't know if there was an article or not.)

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
dealernut said:
I know my wife would be happy. :lol: I could sell 30 of these cars today if I had them.
and you could take a couple days off!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top