Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I want to say I saw someone promise something on the 10th too, but I really cannot say for sure. If there is some news, and they can post it, I am sure they will.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Excelsior said:
Wasn't someone bragging that they had big news for May 10th a little while ago?

Well, its that date and I have not seen anything. Unfortunately I cannot find the original post.
It's in the following Thread, #17

No word from the following people:

Did a search on May 10th. I remember reading it awhile ago too. Just more speculation. Keeps us going.

·
Registered
146 Posts
may 10th/bragging - that's funny

I, for one, did not bother to waste my time and call to find out if there was another "line" (or so called May 10th update). That was what I was told by Chastity, Pontiac Customer Support and the GM salesman... never said it was "big news", just a possible update. Maybe I should have called to see what they have to say just for fun (not for post/got the message the first time). If there's new news we'll find it here. No doubt.

They don't seem to have any reliable insight about production or delivery, and there are too many mixed messages. I figure that they'll call us when the car is ready. If they're not too late, I'll take it. They also said :yesnod: that when production starts the dealerships would have their interior leather samples.... riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I am hoping that more planning goes into the production of the car than the marketing round it. Wouldn't really call my post "bragging" that I'd have big news-just a possible update.
----------
Sales strategy or good intentions good awry...

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Today is May 10th and I got my first call from GM HQ. See my post: "It's Raining Solstices".

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry there. I was relying on my aging memory here. And was quite busy at work to spend the time researching who said what. But for some reason I remembered it hoping something good would come up today. I have to admit that "bragging" was the wrong word that I should have avoided using. Sorry. :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
maybe no news is good news...

Thanks, no problem. At the time, I was excited after talking with all three reps. and hearing the same thing... thought that we might have a few answers soon. I didn't know that there were so many different stories out there. :)

I also thought that the news about Onstar being deleted was new, but I guess that some dealerships may still be offering it on the future orders (referring to earlier post on dist. updates "Effective 4/18/2005, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide: Interior section-Deleted (UE1) OnStar entirely." ). Not an option that I ordered but it'll be interesting to see what some of the changes are...

Have a good day!

·
Registered
33 Posts
From the thread titled: [Latest EOP News 4/29] Some new stuff.... regarding EOP/First1000

by conejo148

Cut and Paste is miracle cure...

Solstice Early Order Program Results, 4/15-4/24 ... thanks to all participating dealers for your support and participation during this extraordinary promotion. Pontiac generated over 40,000 on-line customer registrations during the program period, sold the First 1,000 vehicles in less than one hour to over 650 dealers in 47 states, waitlisted nearly 5,500 customers, received a record-setting 1.4 million+ unique visitors to Pontiac.com, over 840,000 visitors to the special Early Order website, and over 113 million impressions based on all media coverage following the Solstice's national debut on NBC's "The Apprentice."

! Solstice First 1,000 Customer Verification ... Program Headquarters is working diligently to complete the verification process for all of the First 1,000 retail orders. Please keep in mind that customers are being contacted and re-contacted until a representative can speak to them directly to verify their customer information. This activity will be completed early next week. As you know, every customer must meet the criteria for eligibility in the program rules. If names are removed from the First 1,000 list, those next in line will be contacted. For questions or inquiries, please contact Program Headquarters at 1-866-539-0256.

! Solstice Waitlisted Customers for the First 1,000 Exclusive Orders ... please encourage these customers to place a regular order against your dealer allocation quantity if they have not already done so as most waitlisted customers for the First 1,000 will not be awarded due to their place in line. It is imperative that you take advantage of this opportunity to place an early order for these eager customers or place them on your own waitlist. Dealers will be expected to manage customers' expectations for vehicle ordering and timing.

! Solstice First 1,000 Customer Communication ... Pontiac and Program Headquarters will remain in contact with all First 1,000 customers during their wait period prior to vehicle delivery over the next few months. Contact activity will include phone follow-up by Program Headquarters, e-mails, mailings, and special gifts sent. Most of these communications will be co-signed by both Pontiac and the respective local dealership. Program Headquarters will also remain "live" over this time period to provide customer service to these special customers and to dealers who may have questions.

! Solstice Early Order Program Follow-Up ... all consumers who participated in the early order program will receive a follow-up e-mail early next week to thank them for their participation and to inform them that the verification process is nearly complete. In addition, select top-tier waitlisted customers will receive a second e-mail during the week of May 9th indicating that they may still have a chance for one of the First 1,000 vehicles in the event of an order cancellation. All remaining lower-tier waitlisted customers will be informed by e-mail that the list of First 1,000 customers has been finalized and that they may still place an early order with their local dealership if they have not already done so. In mid-May, we will send out a direct mail piece to all consumers who were not among the First 1,000 that will include a thank-you letter from Pontiac and their respective local dealership along with either a Solstice poster-fold sales piece (for waitlisted customers) or a full-line catalog (for customers who participated on-line, but did not visit a Pontiac dealership).

I'm sure you'll have some questions...so fire a away..Small Dealer, jwvrod, guys...help!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
! Solstice Early Order Program Follow-Up ... all consumers who participated in the early order program will receive a follow-up e-mail early next week to thank them for their participation and to inform them that the verification process is nearly complete. In addition, select top-tier waitlisted customers will receive a second e-mail during the week of May 9th indicating that they may still have a chance for one of the First 1,000 vehicles in the event of an order cancellation. All remaining lower-tier waitlisted customers will be informed by e-mail that the list of First 1,000 customers has been finalized and that they may still place an early order with their local dealership if they have not already done so. In mid-May, we will send out a direct mail piece to all consumers who were not among the First 1,000 that will include a thank-you letter from Pontiac and their respective local dealership along with either a Solstice poster-fold sales piece (for waitlisted customers) or a full-line catalog (for customers who participated on-line, but did not visit a Pontiac dealership).
Well, I got my Solstice poster-fold sales piece from my local dealer last week, and I've been obsessively checking my email for info about my waitlist status. I guess the "week of May 9th" doesn't officially end until Saturday, so I will wait patiently for a few more days before calling EOP HQ.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts