Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out page 125 of the May issue of Cargo magazine. It is in stores now. It has a production version blue Solstice that is gorgeous and the interior is blue/white leather. Color is different than what it looks like in other pics.

·
Registered
67 Posts
can you scan it for all of us to see?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Blue/white leater? Now that's a new one. :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
brentil said:
Blue/white leater? Now that's a new one. :willy:
Yea can't even imagine that combination :lol:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Well, I rushed out and bought the magazine.
The blue is a great color, better than the photochoped images here.
The interior is the steel/sand two tone that we have seen, but the lighting used for the photoshoot, plus the overall blue of the car make the grey interior color look a bit blue.
I really like the direct top-view picture, shows the very nice subtle hourglass of the car body.
The Solstice made the cover as well, but really only shows the through the windshield view, and the body color is a bit gray.
See page 125 for an amazing shot of the blue.

Here's to hoping these picture make it to the web for all to enjoy.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Scan...somebody scan one in. We need to see another color!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
Scan...somebody scan one in. We need to see another color!
I'm going to try to pick up a copy on the way home tonight if no one else gets some scans in first. I've got a decent scanner at home.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I never heard of Cargo magazine. But its cool the Sol made it in! Get those scans if you can Brentil! :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I stopped by a few stores on my way home. I guess that mag isn't available in Canada. Pics soon please!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The goods...

Looks a bit lighter than I hoped/expected (and I think my scan came out slightly brighter than the actual picture). Nonetheless, I LIKE it!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
All that blue exterior does make the interior look kinda blue as well. But once you stare at it long enough you can tell it's the gray/tan interior colors.

It also says 0-60 in 6.9s and availability of June.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
brentil said:
All that blue exterior does make the interior look kinda blue as well. But once you stare at it long enough you can tell it's the gray/tan interior colors.

It also says 0-60 in 6.9s and availability of June.
They also called it a GO Kart.....

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LatinVenom said:
They also called it a GO Kart.....
Not suprised by that, it's a posotive term used to describe small light cars that hadnle well.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yea could be distortion from mag printing, blue looks little ligher than Yukon trucks with same paint code. Good to see another color finally.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great, thanks for the post and scan! I'll have to check out a copy to see how the blue looks in person (well, sort of in person).

Anyway, the other interesting thing just by reading the scan below is that it appears the Solstice was judged to be the "best roadster" and the runner up is the 06 Miata. Score one for Pontiac -- Pontiac 1, Mazda 0 :)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
DLD84 said:
Ah I was thinking of the wrong issue, they actually featured it a few months back as well
D'OH! Did someone post that article?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Tried to find a copy of the mag but it wasn't at my local stops.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts