Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe we should be thinking about what this site could be, should be, after the cars begin to arrive in members driveways. I am sure the staff has thought about this at length, but maybe we need to kick things around to see if we all are on the same page. What do you want to see here? What kind of forum categories would be best suited for your interests? :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Chip said:
Maybe we should be thinking about what this site could be, should be, after the cars begin to arrive in members driveways. I am sure the staff has thought about this at length, but maybe we need to kick things around to see if we all are on the same page. What do you want to see here? What kind of forum categories would be best suited for your interests? :cheers:
Chip,
It has been discuss before and somethings were kicked around but the consensus, I believe at that time was to wait until we got the cars. I thought Troy and SM mentioned something similar to the Corvette Forum etc...

·
Registered
515 Posts
godspeed06 said:
...and definitely a sticky thread on problems with the car.
Bite your tongue!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd like to see a vendors section. Give the aftermarket folks a place to post without having to risk being accused of spamming.

Instead of a sticky thread for problems, maybe a section devoted to just that. If I'm looking for info on the "I keep getting too many young women chatting me up" problem, I don't want to have to look though the "cornering too fast spills my drink" posts.

Same idea with mods. Instead of 1 section, we might need seperate sections devoted to exterior, interior, powertrain, brakes & suspension, care & waxing, etc.

This is becoming a great site and community, not matter what!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
We're definitely gonna need (and will get, when the time comes) regional sections. Good for organizing local meets.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey, a vendors or "group-purchase" section would be nice, but I would advocate not breaking up the technical section too much. Sometimes you find nice, timely, technical hints when you're not even looking for them, or looking specifically for something else.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The last plan we talked about involved doing some more changes eventually. Most of the changes wont happen till cars actually become available though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.