·
Registered
797 Posts
SWEET !!!!!! Very Hot !

·
Registered
189 Posts
Official Release Info

We have designed high-flow charge tubes to replace the restrictive flattened stock ones. These mandrel bent T-304 stainless steel tubes have a fully mirror polished finish and are assembled by hand and TIG welded. We will include a true "hump" rubber hose connector to ensure the best possible fit and seal.

Price is $219.56 USD

Feel free to call me directly or go to our web page to fill out an order online.

·
Premium Member
10,477 Posts
Please do not say restrictive stocked ones, because that is no TRUE.
The stock IC pipes have been proven to handle well over 320 BHP.
Your IC's pipes look very good for those that want to make the engine bay look nicer.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Please do not say restrictive stocked ones, because that is no TRUE.
The stock IC pipes have been proven to handle well over 320 BHP.
Your IC's pipes look very good for those that want to make the engine bay look nicer.
In many ways, I can agree with what you are saying. Restrictive is a pretty strong word.

However, everyone in the know, that I have shown my car to has comented on the pinch or bottleneck in the factory charge pipes. Most have admited they would change it too if only out of principle. I used to put larger throttle bodies on Vortech powered cars. What we gained was only quantifiable by the charge tempuratures and more subjectively throttle responce. 4mm in diameter did in fact make a difference in performance. If 4mm helped with heat, this should too. Removed the restriction in the factory part might be a more accurate description. I only consider Steve guilty of a language use infraction. I suppose I am forgiving since my use of language most often gets me in trouble too.

Vendors are under alot of pressure to market their product. Inflated claims are almost an industry standard. I commend MBRP for not making any rediculous claims like 10hp.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does anyone know if there are fitment issues with these charge pipes and the HAHN intercooler and BOV upgrades?

·
Registered
189 Posts
There are some pics posted on the forum, but the best shots are on Hahn's website

Billet BOV Upgrade
We have no tried to fit the Hahn BOV in our pipes but it looks like it would fit in that vicinity. You would definitely have to do some modifying but both the Hahn and our charge tube run in a similar position. You would have to make a fitting in the bottom of our pipe as Hahn did and see if the BOV would still connect to the intake tube. It's difficult to tell by looking at pictures alone. I would be interested to see if this mod is possible.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
We have designed high-flow charge tubes to replace the restrictive flattened stock ones. These mandrel bent T-304 stainless steel tubes have a fully mirror polished finish and are assembled by hand and TIG welded. We will include a true "hump" rubber hose connector to ensure the best possible fit and seal.

Price is $219.56 USD

Feel free to call me directly or go to our web page to fill out an order online.
Those look sweet, but it'd be a hard sell for the woman to let me get those!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Will they fit with GMPP CAI

Craig,

Just wondering, do you know if these will fit with the GMPP CAI? It would make a nice match in my engine bay. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
not to change the subject but how do you like your gmpp cai
I like mine. :yesnod: I had one on my NA and now have one on my GXP. I too would like to know if these pipes have clearance issues with the GMPP CIA. I've been looking for some matching pipes and didn't even realize MBRP made these. Late last week I purchased the Turbo heat shield from them - wish I'd known could have saved some shipping costs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Craig,

Just wondering, do you know if these will fit with the GMPP CAI? It would make a nice match in my engine bay. Thanks.
I like mine. :yesnod: I had one on my NA and now have one on my GXP. I too would like to know if these pipes have clearance issues with the GMPP CIA. I've been looking for some matching pipes and didn't even realize MBRP made these. Late last week I purchased the Turbo heat shield from them - wish I'd known could have saved some shipping costs.
I suspect you would be able to install these charge tubes with the GMPP CAI. Our charge tubes follow very similar lines to the stock tubes. We do accept returns on items that have not been fired. I could also wave any restocking fees if you were interested in doing a test fit.

Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks

Thanks! You can count on it right after the New Year. (christmas has depleted extra $$$)
Looking forward to seeing the heat shield for Christmas too. (Should be ordered:)

Captain. The CAI is a great piece. Very attractive and felt a little more oomph when installed. Installation was easy to follow with instructions and the BOV is much louder:) Highly recommended and you can get a good price from your local dealer's part dept, if you ask for the cost plus 5%, heck or just cost (They might do it:). Much cheaper than MSRP.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I suspect you would be able to install these charge tubes with the GMPP CAI. Our charge tubes follow very similar lines to the stock tubes. We do accept returns on items that have not been fired. I could also wave any restocking fees if you were interested in doing a test fit.

Let me know if you're interested.
I'm interested. I'll call you tomorrow to place my order.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Craig,

I cannot say for sure that the GM CAI fits. I always wait until I have fitted the part myself before I will positively answer. I would assume it does.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm in the country with only dial up. Argh!!!

Wiaving the a restocking fee is a stand up thig to do.

Steve, you da man!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I cannot say for sure that the GM CAI fits. I always wait until I have fitted the part myself before I will positively answer. I would assume it does.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm in the country with only dial up. Argh!!!

Wiaving the a restocking fee is a stand up thig to do.

Steve, you da man!
I just put them on order and will let everyone know if they fit with the GMPP CAIl once I try them on.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts