Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I Have the GM cai - charge pipes fit fine.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Thanks for the info! I can't wait to get them. To the guys at MBRP, thanks for helping out my Christmas shopper with the heat shield order. Have a great Xmas.

Thanks again!!
Yeah, my Heat shield arrived last week and I am impressed with the weight and quality of it. :thumbs:

The charge pipes should be here tomorrow and I'll install everything shortly after. With the GMPP CAI, the MBRP heat shield and charge pipes, I should have a clean looking engine compartment. :dthumbs:

Now if only the damn Pontiac dealer would tell me where my stage II kit is, I'd be all set.:willy:

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Please do not say restrictive stocked ones, because that is no TRUE.
The stock IC pipes have been proven to handle well over 320 BHP.
Your IC's pipes look very good for those that want to make the engine bay look nicer.
With the squashed or collapsed tube that GM has installed, it is not hard to call these restrictive. Common knowledge will tell you if you stand on a hose you will impeded or restricted the flow. That’s just physics. Now, getting 320 BHP might be a fact, but it doesn’t change the fact that the flow is restricted in the GM pipes.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Craig,

Just wondering, do you know if these will fit with the GMPP CAI? It would make a nice match in my engine bay. Thanks.
Yes they do fit fine with the GMPP CAI. I put them on today with the heat sheild. Here is a picture. Sorry - the lighting isn't great in the garage.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That looks really sharp. Thanks for posting.

I was asked what I wanted for my b-day, I chose the rubber mats. Mostly because I wanted to ask for something relatively cheap. I want that intake so terribly. It's like shiny snakes hugging;)

BTW, nice clean engine bay!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Awesome

Yes they do fit fine with the GMPP CAI. I put them on today with the heat sheild. Here is a picture. Sorry - the lighting isn't great in the garage.

Awesome look!!! I ordered them today and look foward to installing them...speaking of which, no suprises on the install? Thanks for the pic, it solidified my decision.

Steve, any plans for an engine cover or coil cover in the future?:cool: Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ordered mine on the 30th of December. Sales lady I spoke to stated they would send them out on the 2nd. Waiting is soooooo hard. After looking at that photo...I should have added the heat shield......thought about it, if I could only convince my kids they dont really need to eat.....at least not every day....LOL

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah! Waiting for really cool parts usually can't happen soon enough for me either. I also have a hard time convincing the better half, these items are vehemently necessary for the car to function in a more "improved" fashion...she does not buy this excuse, to her it is just a nice little car. Although, I have noticed she does like the visual changes and seems to let me get a little bit more than before...but of course in this process, it seems I am eating less. Tough choices ahead. LOL

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
those who have these, does the passemger side rub on the hood lining at all. The reason I ask is becuase my kappa one does and has been replaced 3 diffeerrent times.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
ok kool thanks, by rubbing i mean it rub the pipe raw, I guess i will order these. I wonder if I can ordr just one side.

·
Registered
189 Posts
those who have these, does the passemger side rub on the hood lining at all. The reason I ask is becuase my kappa one does and has been replaced 3 diffeerrent times.
There should not be any clearance issues with our charge tubes and your hood. We have sold many sets of these and have had no fitment problems at all! If you are interested, give me a call toll free at the shop and I'd be happy to answer any questions and get you set up.

Talk to you soon!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I installed mine several months ago, I havent noticed any rubbing issues. If you would like to see a photo, go to the gxpowners forum as I cant seem to post photos on this site.

Thanks MBRP for a great looking product. I just ordered the turbo shield, should have done it when I ordered the pipes....but as stated earlier...the kids gotta eat to.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I installed mine several months ago, I havent noticed any rubbing issues. If you would like to see a photo, go to the gxpowners forum as I cant seem to post photos on this site.

Thanks MBRP for a great looking product. I just ordered the turbo shield, should have done it when I ordered the pipes....but as stated earlier...the kids gotta eat to.
I'm glad you like your MBRP charge tubes and that you decided to pick up the heat shield...If you want to email me your pictures I may be able to have them put on our web page.

[email protected]

·
Registered
189 Posts
can someone tell me, what is the difference between your lnf charge pipes and the pipes that ddmworks have?
I can't comment on the DDMworks stuff but I can agree with Craig on our polished T304 charge tubes. If you have the opportunity to get your hands on a set they are a real eye catcher.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts