Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mceb said:
Here's a step-by-step on how to attach files to a post.

1) Reply to any post
2) Just below the reply text window there is a "manage attachments" button (see image 1)
3) Clicking that button opens up a new smaller popup window shown in image 2.
4) Navigate to the location of the file on your PC hard drive using the browse button.
5) Click the upload button to transfer the files (you see them listed aftewards).
6) Click the close this window button and the smaller window disappears.
7) Add text and click submit reply.

You can upload 1-5 files in 1 post.
Only certain file types are allowed (Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip).
Okay, I've been a member for more than 30 days... and I have over 30 posts... Why don't I see the "manage attachments" button when replying?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mcbman said:
Okay, I've been a member for more than 30 days... and I have over 30 posts... Why don't I see the "manage attachments" button when replying?
That is curious, can you try replying and check for the button again? Be sure to refer to the picture in Mceb's post so you are looking in the right spot and let us know if you have it or not. If not, I may have to ask Troy to look into it.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mcbman said:
Looked again and it's not there...
After the "Disable smilies in text" I see the "Thread Subscription" Box
I'll have to refer this to Troy to help get an answer/fix for you. Please be patient as I am not sure when exactly he will have a chance to look at it. :) Just check back here.

(PS, I'll probably split this into a new thread in this section)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nope, I agree, no link for me either. 30 day plus also.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for your patience.

As of right now, regular members do not have attachment abilities on this site. So for now I would recommend signing up for one of the free web hosting services on the internet and linking to it for the time being.

Down the road, Troy is going to institute a "Supporting Member" program where such added services as image attachments will be available to members who have made a donation to the forum, essentially to cover the cost of the added bandwidth that the pictures use. Troy has been using this system on Corvetteforums for a while. I am sure you will see him post about it if and when he institutes it here.

·
4,592 Posts
putfile.com is pretty good, it's free, and images will stay online indefinately if they are pinged every 6 months. Just an idea for those that need online hosting.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
putfile.com is pretty good, it's free, and images will stay online indefinately if they are pinged every 6 months. Just an idea for those that need online hosting.
Thanks for the suggestion Rodeo! :thumbs:

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Thanks for the suggestion Rodeo! :thumbs:
Somtimes even a troll can be a good thing to have around :devil:

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I knew there was a reason we didn't go ahead and ban you months ago! :glol:
:agree:

:thumbs: