Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Get home from work today to find my new copy of Pontiac performance magazine in the mailbox.

Of course I had to open it up immediately to see if there is any mention of the Solstice. They have a nice write-up of the Detroit First 1K party, and the hand-off of Vin #0001.

In addition, there are some customer "testimonials", you might say.

So here is Mike's shot at fame:

Mike Cebula, a SolsticeForum.com moderator, says he desired Solstice because he grew bored with his SUV and sedan. "I'm going to keep the Solstice for a weekend car," says Cebula, who plans to lock his Mysterious Solstice in storage during the New Jersey winters.

He admits he's never considered a Pontiac, but that all changed when he saw the Solstice. "It has opened my eyes to Pontiac. When my truck goes, I'm looking at the Torrent to replace it."

Way to go Mike and SolsticeForum!!! :thumbs:

The article also mentions Car 54, which went to Mike Parks, as well as TJ and Betty Klise.

I don't have time to transpose the whole article right now, so if no one gets around to it tonight, I'll type the whole thing in tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Hey it's out, couldn't say anything until it got published. Couple of other forum members at the party should be in there too.

Here's a PDF copy, not sure if it was the final copy or not. Distribution is to selected customers thru Pontiac dealers so can't buy magazine anywhere didn't think.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mceb said:
Couple of other forum members at the party should be in there too.
Yeah, I recognized TJ Klise's name, but the others they mentioned only by their real names, not their forum names, so I'm not sure who they are.

Those mentioned include:

Adam Larsen
Pat Ryan
Mike Parks (Car 54)
and of course Clark and Shelly Brinton, with VIN 001

So guys, if you are any of these people, you are now mildly famous! Enjoy your 15 minutes! :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
mceb,
Getting published... that should make you DR. mceb :lol: Congratulations, both on your car and on your new literary status.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
stang said: " You better hope she doesn't read that. "

then cadillacricket said: "What makes you think she can read?"

Well, just to let you know, she CAN read, ok?

She just doesn't have time, answering all these strange phone calls we've been getting! :)

:leaving:

Remember, this is the one who keeps getting nails in her tires. I told her to stop cruising the construction sites!

:leaving:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
I don't see a :) in your order, Fortimir.

cricket and I are having a lot of fun, I hope you are too! :)

and why doesn't stang have to go to his room too?

Did your mommy/daddy ever put a :) in their orders??? Hmm?? DID THEY?

Anyway, we like Stang better. :lol:

·
Registered
363 Posts
mceb said:
Hey it's out, couldn't say anything until it got published. Couple of other forum members at the party should be in there too.

Here's a PDF copy, not sure if it was the final copy or not. Distribution is to selected customers thru Pontiac dealers so can't buy magazine anywhere didn't think.

Enjoyed the article. Mike you took the words out of my mouth.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Fortimir said:
GIZMO! CRICKET! Time out you two! Go to your rooms.

Yeah don't bother sending me to my room. Like most modern day kids, I can play video games, watch tv, talk on the phone and the net, and read girly magazines....ALL in the comfort of my bedroom.....

I DARE you to send me to my room....

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
mceb said:

Must be an old article. He was "only" a moderator.

Now a SUPER Moderator

1 - 18 of 18 Posts