·
Registered
184 Posts
That's a great interior shot!

Congratulations!

·
4,592 Posts
Looks great, thanks for sharing!

How about a quick "initial impressions" post????

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I can wait, I can wait, I can wait, I can wait, I can wait, I can wait. :brentil:
No, I CAN'T

·
Registered
417 Posts
looks beautiful! are those the polished or chrome wheeels?? :cool:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Happy owner

What, no picture of the happy owner with his car? I thought you would be ecstatic? :cheers:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
mrfredsporty said:
I am 99% sure those are polished.

·
Registered
397 Posts
WOW - I've been out of the loop. I had no idea you finally got your car mceb - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It's about time. :willy:

·
Registered
542 Posts
In the third pic, you can see the ghost image of the Pontiac logo in the rear view mirror. This was described in another post some time ago but it's nice to see what that owner was talking about.

I get mine on Monday! It's already at the dealer but I can't get to it until then...I can hardly stand the wait.

·
Registered
515 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
In the third pic, you can see the ghost image of the Pontiac logo in the rear view mirror. This was described in another post some time ago but it's nice to see what that owner was talking about.

I get mine on Monday! It's already at the dealer but I can't get to it until then...I can hardly stand the wait.
In this case, I would say it's not a ghost image of the logo but a direct reflection. (Both the direct and ghost images people were talking about were reflections of the logo atop the waterfall.)

·
5,600 Posts
You are NOT helping! How am I supposed to find the patience to wait for my '07 GXP if you KEEP POSTING THESE GORGEOUS PICTURES!

Congrats on your black beauty. I can't wait to get mine.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mrfredsporty said:
Polished.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Great pics! Must have been tough waiting and living so close to the plant. Hope everything is perfect with the car. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I still don't know if I'll be one of the fortunate ones to get my Sol before the year ends and have contemplated canceling my order. It’s pictures like these that keep me hanging on… Enjoy your new ride Mceb!

BTW, that steel/sand interior looks pretty damn good on the mysterious :thumbs:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Nice picks Mceb! Looks awesome!

RODEO said:
Looks great, thanks for sharing!

How about a quick "initial impressions" post????
Now that he has his new baby, I don't think he has time for those of us without any sol anymore. :(

:jester:

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Nice picks Mceb! Looks awesome!

Now that he has his new baby, I don't think he has time for those of us without any sol anymore. :(

:jester:
He has a soul, and a sol, but how can he have a soul for those with no sols, we have souls, doesn't a man with a sol and a soul have any compasison for the soless :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
RODEO said:
He has a soul, and a sol, but how can he have a soul for those with no sols, we have souls, doesn't a man with a sol and a soul have any compasison for the soless :lol:
I'm here, getting ready to head to the NJ shore for week vacation tomorrow. Bringing the Sol in the 100 miles drive. Will give it a good cleaning and wax while I'm there.

Just packing and doing stuff like that tonight.

Not sure I can add much to what's been said on impressions. Maybe I'll have a full review after the week when I get back.

Right now I'm just getting used to things, top up and down has a few little tricks to learn (especially for a spaz like me).

So far stupid first day things I've found.....

Make sure the unlock central latch is swung all the way open or else it's little metal lever gets in the way of the trunk closing when the top is folded. The tolerances are pretty tight getting the top in and trunk closed and the slightest things throws it all off.

Trying to get in habit of making sure to seat the folded top. Again tight tolerances, slightest bit off the trunk floor effects the closing.

Give trunk a firm push from the middle or else it gets off track doesn't close all the way. The guy who waid we need an electric close thing like Caddy has is absolutely right. Would be awesome to just rest the trunk near the seat have have it auto catch and suck it right into place. Heck with the power top, give me power trunk close :lol:

Also wrestling a little with getting the top latched in at the windshield. Hoping it just needs to work in a bit or me to get used to how much pressure is needed to lock it.

If anyone is in Long Beach Island, NJ area this coming week, I'll be the Solstice cruising around.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
:eek: :willy:

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
I'm here, getting ready to head to the NJ shore for week vacation tomorrow. Bringing the Sol in the 100 miles drive. Will give it a good cleaning and wax while I'm there.

Just packing and doing stuff like that tonight.

Not sure I can add much to what's been said on impressions. Maybe I'll have a full review after the week when I get back.

Right now I'm just getting used to things, top up and down has a few little tricks to learn (especially for a spaz like me).

So far stupid first day things I've found.....

Make sure the unlock central latch is swung all the way open or else it's little metal lever gets in the way of the trunk closing when the top is folded. The tolerances are pretty tight getting the top in and trunk closed and the slightest things throws it all off.

Trying to get in habit of making sure to seat the folded top. Again tight tolerances, slightest bit off the trunk floor effects the closing.

Give trunk a firm push from the middle or else it gets off track doesn't close all the way. The guy who waid we need an electric close thing like Caddy has is absolutely right. Would be awesome to just rest the trunk near the seat have have it auto catch and suck it right into place. Heck with the power top, give me power trunk close :lol:

Also wrestling a little with getting the top latched in at the windshield. Hoping it just needs to work in a bit or me to get used to how much pressure is needed to lock it.

If anyone is in Long Beach Island, NJ area this coming week, I'll be the Solstice cruising around.
PERFECT!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts