Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my kit from Norms today... back diffuser dual tip, front splitter , side skirts, and fenders * non ZR1 *

As i think about it i need a theme for my car but I'm unsure as to how to go about it * rob the elder * your punisher team is a great any examples, pointers, insight? :cool:

Engine bay I'm going with red so i can get away from the yellow a bit. Splash guards I'm keeping it black for now until the kit is on than i'll decide if i'll remove them.

I was gonna go the transformers theme but i feel that's a tad to played out and i already used my shadowsonic theme on my past vehicles time for a re-vamp.

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
The best advice is pick a theme based on something you like. We have the Patriot car that has a huge American flag over the front of the car, and eagle breaking out of the trunk lid and patriotic phrases on the rear bumper.

We have the "Dream" car that is based on Disney. He has a Dream windrestrictor and has pixi dust "flames" coming out of the fender vents. He has the back of his tow behind trailer painted to match the car with pixi dust and Dream on the back.

The Pirate car is black with white racing stripes, his license plate is PIRATE, the surround is pirate themed, and his WR is skulls with the name of the car.

If you can, picking a theme that you like and that is generally recognizable by a lot of people who will view the car that is good as well.

My wife's car is Green Dragon, It has the dragon theme in the exterior graphics, the badging, the under hood painting and in the interior. She also has a dragon windrestrictor. This is an example of a "stand alone" theme vice one that is based on a character or event.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rob again with your ideas in mind ...

I'm guessing this is also painted rims? This would go perfect with my theme.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look like stock rims?

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
Here are some pics of the Motegi's painted red to match the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
One idea is to use the yellow and black like a safety or biohazard theme. The Icon for bio hazard is pretty cool. Its like 3 sickles In a triangular shape. Or Radioactive. You could also add some more stripes in black perhaps. And put some discreet safety warnings like on a fighter jet in Stencil font like Warning, Intake, Exhaust. Etc. The theme for the car could just be "Radioactive Rocket".

Do I have too much caffeine today? Maybe so.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
350 Posts
Might be helpful if color of car was listed.
OP posted the color when he said "MEAN GXP" and again when he mentioned going with red under the hood to get away from yellow....mean is yellow.

I am not a fan of theme cars for me personally but like many of them. The bio or radioactive is cool...probably not a safety theme.

Just need to go with something that is timeless as in you not getting tired of it. I have seen some weird ones around here, cheetos car, oreo, couple m&ms, hulk, raiders, mcdonalds...originality is better I think. Like the ones rob mentioned or did.

·
Registered
350 Posts
What's the title of this thread?

Mean GXP theme help

I had assumed we were talking about a yellow GXP. :dunno:
I guess you typed faster than I did...I too thought it was obvious, but I own a mean gxp....

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
What's the title of this thread?

Mean GXP theme help

I had assumed we were talking about a yellow GXP. :dunno:
At my age I've learned to never assume, and asking for help about a theme without first knowing a little something about a persons personality is asking to set yourself up for failure.

While there are plenty of what does the color of your car reveal about you sites, they should be
interpreted with a grain of salt rather than an absolute.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Choice is between booster gold or the flash what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
When I see a yellow/red combo, I'm always afraid of it looking like this:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I see a yellow/red combo, I'm always afraid of it looking like this:

Yes my exact fear that's why i was leaning towards booster gold ... his uniform is blue and yellow.

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
Here are some pictures of the Dream car. The theme is from Disney.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rob amazing!!

Any photoshoppers here can possibly photoshop the booster gold theme the gxp pic on the first page?

I'm thinking something like this place a blue star in the doors, make the trunk and hood blue with a gold star in the middle?

or 2 tone the hood half yellow half blue with blue star in the middle?

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
Either of those would look great. I did layouts on paper using three views of the car first, then used plastic film and wraps to try out different graphics before we went with the final design

1 - 20 of 30 Posts