Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

mean yellow roadster

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Wendell Young 
#1 ·
I just bought a 08 GXP with 5300 actual mileage. Car is like new. Will the GM turbo enhancement kit (dealer installed) which is supposed to give 290hp effect the cars low speed around town driving. I am trying to decide if I should make the mod.

#2 ·
There is a ton of info on tunes. The biggest reason for the GMPP tune is warranty. Aside from that, other tunes are better and cheaper. I went with Trifecta.

The biggest change is upper RPM power as the turbo PSI output is increased. If you putt around keeping RPMs under 3k, you will probably not notice any difference. Tunes do not hinder daily drivers. Most see an increase in MPGs if driven conservatively.

#4 ·
The GM tune will give you more HP plus better mileage. I'm very pleased with mine

#5 ·
Order the GMPP tune from Crate Engine Depot and get the adapter harness for the 3 Bar sensors while you are at it. (the GMPP kit comes from GM with splice connectors only, so you have to hack up the wiring harness)

#7 ·
:agree::agree::agree: I have the GMPP tune on my Mean Sol. Very happy with it. Purchased it through Crate Engine then had my dealership install.:thumbs:

#8 ·
I looked at all the various tunes out there, but finally settled for the Trifecta mainly due to the price. I am sure that the GM tune is just as good but it is over twice the price of the Trifecta budget tune, $200 vs $500. If I had the chance to drive a GM tuned car I am positive I would be unable to differentiate between it and my Trifecta tune. I went for the cheaper so I could spend the difference on some other after market goodies.

Good Luck, Don

#11 ·
They should and mine did as it is a GM product. They will still get to charge you for one to two hours of labour to install it.

#12 ·
Crate engine depot now offers the GM tune with the plug in connectors ( no soldering ) only a few bucks more than the original tune. When I got mine, I made arrangements with the dealer to do the programming and put the components in myself (about a 15 minute job) but saved some bucks. You want to do that just prior to reflashing. I like mine and I like my GM warranty.

#13 ·
the thing I like about the tunes is the pep the car has with the ignition timing being advanced more. I only make short trips every day and the tune will give you noticable which is also addictive power.

#18 ·
Hi
Yes. We use Devin at Elway Chevrolet. He sees 20+ kappas a year and has for the past 7 years. They give us a 15% discount for club members and our first oil change is free.:thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.