Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Dan,

I was just reading your message aloud to Beth, and suddenly I had tears in my eyes and had to take a moment to get back in control. I think you've just said it all the way many of us feel. Thanks.

Dave
Same here. I'm in tears. This just sucks. It's all wrong. And all we can do is wish these people that built the car that brought us all together well and pray for them. They all deserve more than this. It doesn't seem right. It's not right.

Like I said...anytime any of them are my way, my passenger seat is open. Anytime.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
smarty, I looked for you after the walkthrough but I was told that you'd left. I'll mail your tees out to you...
Sorry about that. We weren't aware there were additional activities, but did have a six hour trip home and unfortunate time contraints. Do you need my address? I can PM it or till the next meet!

Thanks for all you do! :) I apologize for this extra step

·
Registered
836 Posts
Have seen some of the pics on fb but this was awesome, thanks to all who went and shared the last day. I'm so sad right now I don't really have anything more I can say. Love you all
Stephanie:(:(:(

·
Registered
260 Posts
Fierochuck, myself and many of my coworkers agree with you on that. I was lucky enough to get # 393 of 1000 of the lithograph print collections that I was later told was supposed to have went to the First 1k.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Fierochuck, myself and many of my coworkers agree with you on that. I was lucky enough to get # 393 of 1000 of the lithograph print collections that I was later told was supposed to have went to the First 1k.
It would have been a nice thing to do for you guys. They raffled off the last 2 Fieros back in 1988. Last I heard they still own them. Thanks for all you and your fellow employees have done. I loved my GXP, wish I was able to keep it. Plan on getting another one one day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would like to thank all of you that made it to the plant on Monday. Words cannot express what it meant to me to see all the cars lined up and you took the time to say thanks to all of us. IT was a very hard day for all of us but what you all did was so touching. Painting cars at the plant for 30 years and seeing all those beautiful cars in the lot just made me tear up. Who says America doesn't build exciting cars need to meet you guys. We took so much pride in building the best paint car in the corporation and beating toyota 3years in a row. I met so may nice people in the parking lot and your excitement in the car made me proud to and autoworker. We built 8.7 million cars at this plant when the last car rolled of the line BUY AMERICAN

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking to get in touch with a owner who was at the plant monday who had been in the air force and not been able to attend the mecc tours. have a little something to send you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want to thank all of you for your support for the wilmington plant, home of the sky and solstice. If you have any questions about the fits on your car I am on the solstice forum as GM FITMAN. Thanks

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thank you to all the employees who built what has become for many of us ... our pride and joy ... you are more then welcome to hang out here with the rest of us or to even join us on a run or two :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would like to thank all of you that made it to the plant on Monday. Words cannot express what it meant to me to see all the cars lined up and you took the time to say thanks to all of us. IT was a very hard day for all of us but what you all did was so touching. Painting cars at the plant for 30 years and seeing all those beautiful cars in the lot just made me tear up. Who says America doesn't build exciting cars need to meet you guys. We took so much pride in building the best paint car in the corporation and beating toyota 3years in a row. I met so may nice people in the parking lot and your excitement in the car made me proud to and autoworker. We built 8.7 million cars at this plant when the last car rolled of the line BUY AMERICAN
I couldn't make it Monday but was @ MECCA III and enjoyed meeting everyone at Boxwood.

THANKS to you and all of those at Boxwood for building such an awesome car line.

Good luck and don't be a stranger around these parts. YOU are family to us..

:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
I want to thank all of you for your support for the wilmington plant, home of the sky and solstice. If you have any questions about the fits on your car I am on the solstice forum as GM FITMAN. Thanks
Please come to the Mod Meet in Maryland Oct 10-12. We could all use your expertise. PM Deepbluegxp for details.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
looking to get in touch with a owner who was at the plant monday who had been in the air force and not been able to attend the mecc tours. have a little something to send you.
That's me! :cool: Though it should be known that even though I missed the Meccca events, it wasn't exactly because I was on "hardship" assignments. I was stationed in Monterey, CA and Ramstein Airbase, Germany between my tours here in Maryland.

But hey, I'm all about swag :thumbs: I'll send you a PM

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I don't know who got Solstice 6Y000393, but 392 went to Cdubya in Des Moines, Washington (not Iowa).

GMlinedog, the same as everyone else on the Solstice Forum, I truly wish the best for you. You have been here with us every step of the way. When I first saw the Solstice on the internet, I said IWant1 (wink, wink). You and your buddies built 6Y101319 absolutely perfectly!!!! Check the mileage in my signature below.

So from all of us on the Solstice Forum to all of you wonderful people at Boxwood, my most sincere seven salute:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Are there close-up photos of the banner someplace? Please point me in the right direction. I hope someone took a series of photos of the banner up close so we can see each individual Kappa, not one by one but group by group.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
That last Solstice is going to LoneStar Pontiac in Texas
From inside the last Solstice the employees signed it

I just hope the person who buys the last car really understands what they have. I know what I'd do with that car.
It's getting shipped to Texas. I sure hope those Texans know what it's worth. ;)
Lone Star Pontiac is in McKinney, Texas, northeast of Dallas.

Apparently a lady from Detroit has bought it.

Gee, could that be Mrs. Lutz?

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
It was our honor to support you guys and represent the ones who couldn't make it on Monday. Everyone of us are crazy about our cars and because of you, we've become a pretty cohesive community with friends all over the United States and Canada.

You have a lot to be proud of.

·
Administrator
9,243 Posts
Lone Star Pontiac is in McKinney, Texas, northeast of Dallas.

Apparently a lady from Detroit has bought it.

Gee, could that be Mrs. Lutz?

Actually, they do not 'live' in Detroit - either way may the Last Sol find a good home and owner realize exactly what they have. :yesnod:

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Are there close-up photos of the banner someplace? Please point me in the right direction. I hope someone took a series of photos of the banner up close so we can see each individual Kappa, not one by one but group by group.

Giz, Kim did a video (she was shushing us chatterboxes while she filmed). I'm guessing that she may eventually put it on youtube.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts