Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a ride by the plant yesterday and as far as the eye could see was Solstice.
The plant lot was full, the carrier lot was almost full, there was about 100 cars sitting covered up with bags. There was 6 empty trucks sitting beside the cars. Could it be they dont have enough trucks to transport and they have to wait untill they return?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Iwant1 said:
I took a ride by the plant yesterday and as far as the eye could see was Solstice.
The plant lot was full, the carrier lot was almost full, there was about 100 cars sitting covered up with bags. There was 6 empty trucks sitting beside the cars. Could it be they dont have enough trucks to transport and they have to wait untill they return?
100 covered with bags :eek: Sounds like they're working on the top/windshield header/window seal issues. Look for a TSB to follow.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Truck shortage?

They may have a transporter problem because so many are in the south transporting flooded autos out and new autos in to that area. :cool:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Iwant1 said:
I think at this point the shipping is bottle necked and it just keeps on getting worst and worst. They have a limited supply of haulers they can put there on.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What takes so long when shipping by rail? Do they zig-zag across the country dropping them off or something. Mine left Lordstown on 10/9 and still has not made it to Atlanta. It was "scheduled" to arrive on 10/12.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
What takes so long when shipping by rail? Do they zig-zag across the country dropping them off or something. Mine left Lordstown on 10/9 and still has not made it to Atlanta. It was "scheduled" to arrive on 10/12.
They sometimes stop and switch trains 3/4 times untill they get to their final depot. Then usually after that it's pretty fast.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
Have you called the trucking company lately?

·
Registered
819 Posts
deluke said:
Have you called the trucking company lately?
Yesterday, as a matter of fact. First thing they asked was about whether my car would be shipping by rail. From Delaware to Illinois would have some rail travel to it. The person I was talking to did, look my VIN info up, but it was not in their system. He was very helpful and friendly. His info, even though it was to tell me he could find nothing for me, was everything I could have expected. So, I wait, and wait, and wait............ ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
Yesterday, as a matter of fact. First thing they asked was about whether my car would be shipping by rail. From Delaware to Illinois would have some rail travel to it. The person I was talking to did, look my VIN info up, but it was not in their system. He was very helpful and friendly. His info, even though it was to tell me he could find nothing for me, was everything I could have expected. So, I wait, and wait, and wait............ ;)
can you pass on the phone number of the trucking company

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Iwant1 said:
did you get pictures? We could compare them with the ones I took two Friday's ago (just got a reply on my putfile account) so I can finally post them.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
brian carpenter said: "They may have a transporter problem because so many are in the south transporting flooded autos out and new autos in to that area."

That brings up the question: Did anyone have or know about a Solstice being in New Orleans just before Katrina? I would imagine they got out of town fast!

How about Port Arthur/Beaumont area and Rita?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts