1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caffine & Gasoline
Tulsa, OK
:cheers:
The heat streak continues! Hope everyone has a nice shady spot to keep cool this week. Our June meet is coming up this Saturday the 30th. We decided to postpone our regular meet so that we could use the town of Bixby’s annual festival as our meeting point and excuse to put on a car show. The show will run from 9-2 on Saturday. We have 88 parking spots on Armstrong ST which is in downtown Bixby. From what Shel is telling me we should be able to fill those spots up easy and maybe need to use some overflow parking. You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend. Shel Jones has graciously taken over directing this Saturdays events, he was the original point of contact for this show but now I will not be available Saturday due to a family gathering I need to attend, he is also the C&G mastermind for this month’s meet. Ok, mastermind might be a little strong but I have every faith that he will do a great job coordinating the parking for our C&G gang at this event. You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend. Beyond having a joint venture with the city of Bixby on Saturday, we are also taking this opportunity to dedicate this meet and show to one of our former gear heads, Dex Brown, who passed a few weeks ago in a car accident. Lets keep it between the ditches gang, I would hate to have to dedicate another meet any time soon, if ever. Dex buddy, this one’s for you. For the show on Saturday, the heat does not appear to be letting up for us so make sure you bring some lawn chairs to rest in, a collection of cool beverages in an iced down cooler, and even some pop up shade to sit under if you can find room to set it up near your car. Food and drinks will be available from food vendors at the festival also. You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend. If you have a group attending (exotics guys?) and would like to park together, please contact Shel so he can make arrangements for you to have a number of parking spots set aside on Saturday morning. The more info he has to work with the easier this will all go Saturday morning. If anyone would like to help Shel direct parking please reply to this email or give him a call. I hate to miss this one and leave him hanging so any and all assistance is appreciated! You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend. Take lots of pics, I want to see how this turns out. Advanced notice for July, the meet will be on Saturday the 21st and we will have it out at JRP Speedway in the grass and under the shade. The karts will be available again for us as Alf Gebhardt hosts us for our July meet. I will give directions at a later date but this is just early notice so you can get your race faces on…. Have a great weekend gang! Feel free to snap some iphone shots and send them my way if you think about it!Oh, and….. You can contact Shel at 202-595-4683 with any questions about this weekend.
Curt [email protected]
:thumbs:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts