Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning we are up to 922 members. Earlier this week, we were sitting right on 900 members. Word about the Solstice must be starting to get around! We are going to be swampped after the apprentice airs next month! :)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, we're getting a lot of first time posters too, or lurkers. Thankfully so far most of them seem to be pretty knowledgeable so far or have read the FAQs.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Typically there is a 4-1 ratio of guests to members so yes we will start to really take off with the launch coming. FAQs do seem to be helping.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yes, I've been lurking here daily for the last two months.. Like me, the others probably don't have much info to contrib, but superstition got the best of me. Hope joining gives me luck in the preorder pool. :cool:

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
Welcome Rich, having nothing to say never stops the rest of us from talking :lol:
I'll second that :glol: No surprise I'm already one of the top five posters on the MSM forum :) Can you say "post whore" :lol:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
lol. Point taken, but you are both being modest. I have learned alot from the 'elite' posters listed on this page. Certainly more than I could have from Pontiac so far. If the Sol is the success we all hope it will be, it will be largely due to you guys and this forum (that includes sev others like SMan, et al, of course). Many thanks to all. :patriot:

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
Yes we have more people signing on, but when we did the poll about how many of the members were committed to buy on the first 1000 the figure never reached 100.
I believe not all 1000 will be sold based on that, plus if only 900 are members and we are suppose to be the die hards, the general population will not go out an rush to get this roadster, specialy if during the 30 second add they show the trunk.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
I'll second that :glol: No surprise I'm already one of the top five posters on the MSM forum :) Can you say "post whore" :lol:
You've got an extra 3 hours after we go to bed for posting. :lol:

Hey, this post put me at 500. Yes, yes I can say "post whore".

·
4,592 Posts
achieftain said:

But you've all got threee hours on me in the morning. You ought to see what happens when I get online and hit the new posts link, BAM, 100 new posts to sort through.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 more new members this afternoon! Were now up to 924!

I think GM will sell all 1000, but only a fraction will go to forum members. A lot of us are playing a waiting game. Some for more power. Others to get a better look at the Sky. Still others who want to be sure the car really meets their wants and needs before taking the plunge.

achieftain said:

You call that a lot of posts? :glol: :glol:

:jester:

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
Fformula88 said:

I think GM will sell all 1000, but only a fraction will go to forum members. A lot of us are playing a waiting game. Some for more power. Others to get a better look at the Sky. Still others who want to be sure the car really meets their wants and needs before taking the plunge./
Ff88 this is from a thread on another part of the forum, take a look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conejo148
It is the date that enrolled dealers can view one of two braodcasts thru the GM "TV" network. As of last nite, when I enrolled myself, there were only about 130 spots taken, out of 4000. You guys can do math right. Maybe better call and find out who's on board there. They did extend the enrollment until Fri 18MAR05, close of business.

LATINVENOM:
Let me get this straight, are you saying that there are only 130 dealers enrolled, that will have the ability to place an order from a customer with an ID # on April the 15th?.

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
You call that a lot of posts? :glol: :glol:

:jester:
Ff88, the post whore king :glol:

---------------------------------------------

My Oscar winning speech:
I'd like to give special thanks to Ff88 for making it comfortabke to post as much as possible, it is his contributions of 2600 posts that will never make me feel like I post too often :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Fformula88 said:

I think GM will sell all 1000, but only a fraction will go to forum members. A lot of us are playing a waiting game. Some for more power. Others to get a better look at the Sky. Still others who want to be sure the car really meets their wants and needs before taking the plunge.

QUOTE]
Ff88 this is from a thread on another part of the forum, take a look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conejo148
It is the date that enrolled dealers can view one of two braodcasts thru the GM "TV" network. As of last nite, when I enrolled myself, there were only about 130 spots taken, out of 4000. You guys can do math right. Maybe better call and find out who's on board there. They did extend the enrollment until Fri 18MAR05, close of business.

Let me get this straight, are you saying that there are only 130 dealers enrolled, that will have the ability to place an order from a customer with an ID # on April the 15th?.
Somewhere else was posted a total of about 1100 dealers signed up by first deadline. Total Pontiac dealers is appr 2800 so only a little over 1/3 may had signed up of course end of tomorrow will tell for sure.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 is the only person who can tell me I don't have a lot of posts, and have it be true. Hurry up and get a Solstice so you cna be to busy driving it so I can catch up to you. :D :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
achieftain said:
LatinVenom said:
Somewhere else was posted a total of about 1100 dealers signed up by first deadline. Total Pontiac dealers is appr 2800 so only a little over 1/3 may had signed up of course end of tomorrow will tell for sure.
The 1100 dealers was a value from before the 15th, which was the last deadline. So who knows how many have registered now though. Hey, one of you dealers on the forums, is there any way you guys can find out how many dealers are signed up?

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
brentil said:
achieftain said:
The 1100 dealers was a value from before the 15th, which was the last deadline. So who knows how many have registered now though. Hey, one of you dealers on the forums, is there any way you guys can find out how many dealers are signed up?
Bretil,
I thought conejo148 is a dealer, otherwise why would he say, when I enrolled last nigth?.

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
brentil said:
LatinVenom said:
Yes, but the 1100 dealers signed up was a value from March 4th. The last deadline was March 15th.
Then why he said it was extended until March 18th?.
I wish he would answer the question I asked him just to be sure.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Rereading that post looks like dealers have to register for the satellite broadcast ahead of time. This might be interactive, allowing them to ask q's in real time. One of the dealers will have to let us know for sure.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts