Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kendra's Solstice

Not to nitpick, but since the Solstice news is a little thin these days, I was just wondering about the giveaway Apprentice Solstice. Is this car considered the first official saleable car with an official warranty. Does it have the 1st vin#? Is it the first of the EOP 1000 even though a regular person did not go through the official hoops to get it? More importantly, does it signal the beginning of production cars? Perhaps it is only for show purposes so we have a shot of Kendra driving off on TV and she will get her real car later on like others.

Man it should have been one us first 1000 in that car! I better stop now; I think I am going to have Sostice anxiety attack :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I suspect she gets the car. Maybe its serial number 0000 because the first 1000 is to be 0001 to 1000. Who knows? I also suspect she gets an experimental car since the feds likely haven't approved it yet. At least there's one rolling. I'm still waiting, to, just a few miles south of you, Zolsol.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Or she has to wait like the rest of us and what you saw was just another non-salable stand-in car for TV.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Canadian TV Ripoff

Did you guys get to see Kendra drive off in a Solstice?

Here (in Canada) we just saw everyone on stage then they rolled the credits,

NO SOLSTICE -- what a rip off!

Well at least Trump selected the right candidate.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'll bet it was the same car that was used in the task. They probably shot each of the remaining contestants after the Solstice episode driving away in the car.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Did you guys get to see Kendra drive off in a Solstice?

Here (in Canada) we just saw everyone on stage then they rolled the credits,
It was actually a little commercial Pontiac played at end thanking her for her heard work etc. Voiceover was same voice from Pontiac commercial with G6 and Solstice.

Agree with jimmy, was staged and they probably shot each person and just rolled the winner.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Zolsol said:
Not to nitpick, but since the Solstice news is a little thin these days, I was just wondering about the giveaway Apprentice Solstice. Is this car cosidered the first official saleable car with an official warranty. Does it have the 1st vin#? Is it the first of the EOP 1000 even though a regular person did not go through the official hoops to get it? More importantly, does it signal the beginning of production cars? Perhaps it is only for show purposes so we have a shot of Kendra driving off on TV and she will get her real car later on like others.

Man it should have been one us first 1000 in that car! I better stop now; I think I am going to have Sostice anxiety attack :willy: :willy:
You definitely saw a stand-in for the car, and possibly even a stand-in for Kendra as the car drove away. That Pontiac scripted deal at the end was not live. I bet the Sol in my drive on it. :lol: I'm sure they shot two commercials. It's just like the guy who has world series T'shirts printed up beforehand and is standing outside the stadium after game 7 as the fans file out.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you guys catch the exhaust sound on the car as she drove off. It sounded pretty good to me - kind of robust!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Anybody noticed how it sounded, as it drove off...kind of "throaty" ...pretty much what I expected. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Robust exhaust. Rich Corinthian leather. Hand selected virgin plastic interior panels. Sounds like a winner. :jester:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sly

·
Registered
936 Posts
That was one beautiful car, just like I ordered Sly with black leather. Just as I was getting comfortable waiting they showed my car and now I am very anxious again. I also wondered how they would give a car to the public if ours is not ready for the public. Probably she is waiting for her's as well.

·
Registered
936 Posts
GMlinedog what are you doing on this thread? Shouldn't you be devoting all your time to getting this car into production? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Did anyone capture the Aprentice footage/pics?

If anyone managed to pull a still off the Aprentice last mnight, please post them. Up here in Canada we didn't see anything (igloo started to melt, had to go out and hook up the dog team to go moose hunting, tangled with the mounties - the usual).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Funny you should ask: Just yesterday the Canadian Army had to come by my place (and I mean BOTH soldiers) to repel one of the buzzing monsters. Buy yes - bug seasohn is getting under way - if you are up north just now (in cottage country at least) you stand a good chance of getting completely exanguinated by black flies... They clear off in a few weeks, leaving the average, but bloodthirsty, mosquitos behind.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Solstice driven away on Apprentice

The Women who won Drove away in a solstice last night.
I guess she will have one for the summer. Im just hoping
to have mine by SEPT.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It is possible that the Solstice driven away on Apprentice last night was a pre-production model. She will likely get to pick her colors and options so she may have to wait too.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts